Arduino Forum upgrade scheduled for Monday, October 20th, 11am-4pm (CEST). Sorry for the inconvenience!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Author Topic: LumiNet (based on attiny84)  (Read 61568 times)
God Member
LumiNet rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I will release a new attiny2313 core soon, nobody told me that main.cxx changed to main.cpp and that you have to  #include <WProgram.h>...
but I will keep my Arduino0014 IDE available online as well smiley

Berlin, Germany
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Also great! do you have any insights to the java errors I've been getting with your IDE?
uncaught exception in main method: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null

God Member
LumiNet rocks
View Profile

I thing that the upload.speed was the problem with my IDE as well... the error from 0018 was clear to me because the .java file was specified and the line number of the exception...

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I think the speed should be 19200
and the protocol stk500v1

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:09:24 pm by Arnonh » Logged

Berlin, Germany
Arduino rocks
View Profile

IT works! Speed does need to be 19200, but protocol stays stk500. I took out the bootloader because of space issues, the 2313 is really small. I am having issued with everything running slow. The millis are definetly way off. I'll try a new crystal or resonator and see if that helps (the one I'm using now is recycled from a burnt out MIDI controller =) ) I would also like to try using the internal oscilator. Can anyone help me with that?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Ok, I have been reading over this tread for the last hour+ becase I'm interested in programing an ATiniy85 with the Arduino IDE.  
I'm still VERY NEW to programing and don't understand how to program AVRs outside Arduino yet (if ever it so complicated).

I built a breadboard Arduino equivalent with an ATMega168 and loaded the Arduino Boot-loader.  
I have created a simple program that fades an RGB Led though all the rainbow colors working on my breadboard Arduino,
but have tryed in vain for the past week to get the same results working on an ATtiny85...  

smiley-sad

Then I found this thread and my hopes have been revived that it may still be possible.
I upgraded to Arduino 018 (Mac Version), but I can't find any info in 018 on support for any of the ATtiny chips talked about in this thread...   Help?

I'm trying to build a very small night light for my wife for Valentines day and the ATmega168 is too large.  The 8pin ATtiny85 is the perfect size.

I have a USBtinyISP programer and an FT232RL USB to Serial breakout board that I got From SparkFun.

Thanks in advance for any help.  smiley
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 10:28:12 pm by bdodds » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Where can I find the example sketches for the Luminet? I searched through the luminet site and downloaded the Luminet GUI but I don't see them. Thanks!

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Is there info posted someplace that I can't seam to find on how to get ATtiny85 support in the Arduino 018 IDE?   PLEASE!!!  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 09:55:49 pm by bdodds » Logged

God Member
LumiNet rocks
View Profile

I googled for you guys... try this if you need to use a mac and want to use my IDE: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#macupdate

Arduino0018 is working ok with the tiny2313 core, did not try LumiNet with it... I will continue to use my modified Arduino0014 IDE with LumiNet, because it includes a special "programming by infection" bootloader that is not supported by the official Arduino IDEs.

attiny85 support: use my modified IDE and create (copy LumiNet core) a new core. Then edit the pins_arduino.c file and maybe some others and it should run. Some more details on how to create a new Arduino core are described in my thesis on luminet.cc

I will add the luminet examples there soon... please ask again next week.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:13:05 am by bohne » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Thanks for the reply, I found and tried the "Open in 32 Bit Mode checkbox" Java fix with your modified Arduino0014 IDE before I posted the first time here, and it did not solve the error for me... That is why when I read that 018 may have support, I start looking at 0018 as an option since it runs without error...

I will have a look at you thesis.  I'm hoping the process of making the needed changes is not way over my head since I have only been playing with programing for about 2 months...

Thanks for your time.

P.S.  The error I get when in 32 bid mode is "Uncaught exception in main method: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:36:27 pm by bdodds » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

nice project,  how i can put it in power down mode?  can work on 3v?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 12:39:46 pm by ghostbuster » Logged

ottawa, canada
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Arduino0018 is working ok with the tiny2313 core, did not try LumiNet with it...

have you figured out how to put the core in the sketchbook folder?

Bill Rowe
Olduino - An Arduino for the First of Us
www.olduino.wordpress.com

God Member
LumiNet rocks
View Profile

did not try 0018 yet...

3V is ok...

I explained the sleep function in my diploma thesis... please look it up. I also compare power consumption of LumiNet and Arduino boards there (page 66+67)... here is an example sketch:
Code:
#include <avr/sleep.h>
void setup()
{
  set_sleep_mode(SLEEP_MODE_PWR_DOWN);
  sleep_enable();
  sleep_mode();
}

and please check your boards.txt if you get the Java exception. I had no problems with my modified IDE on any of our macs in 32bit mode.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:04:47 pm by bohne » Logged

God Member
LumiNet rocks
View Profile

For those of you who live in New York or plan to visit NYC in march:
http://www.nycresistor.com/2010/03/10/save-the-date/

you can have a look at the luminet jackets there! I will not be there but save the date!

God Member
LumiNet rocks
View Profile

modified Arduino0014 (LumiNet edition) throws the following exceptions... I will have a look at it...:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Luminet/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/librxtxSerial.jnilib:  no suitable image found.  Did find:  /Applications/Luminet/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
[LaunchRunner Error] processing.app.Base.main(String[]) threw an exception:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Luminet/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/librxtxSerial.jnilib:  no suitable image found.  Did find:  /Applications/Luminet/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
      at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1861)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1778)
      at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
      at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1045)
      at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.<clinit>(CommPortIdentifier.java:83)
      at processing.app.Editor.populateSerialMenu(Editor.java:928)
      at processing.app.Editor.buildToolsMenu(Editor.java:812)
      at processing.app.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:193)
      at processing.app.Base.<init>(Base.java:149)
      at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:104)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
      at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:115)
      at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
      at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
      at processing.app.Editor.message(Editor.java:2350)
      at processing.app.Editor.doStop(Editor.java:1545)
      at processing.app.Editor.doClose(Editor.java:1575)
      at processing.app.Editor.handleQuitInternal(Editor.java:2155)
      at processing.app.Editor$43.run(Editor.java:2171)
      at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
      at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:633)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Arduino Forum upgrade scheduled for Monday, October 20th, 11am-4pm (CEST). Sorry for the inconvenience!
Jump to: