Go Down

Topic: Balancing robot for dummies (Read 145 times) previous topic - next topic

kas

Dec 09, 2010, 07:34 am Last Edit: Dec 09, 2010, 07:46 am by kas Reason: 1
The mechanics comes from http://www.technobotsonline.com
GuzZzt, are you using T2.5x6mm Timing Belts??
please be more specifific and let me have a direct link to the hardware you actually use (pulleys, belts, shafts, bearing housings)

kas

Dec 11, 2010, 08:06 am Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010, 10:10 am by kas Reason: 1
While my bot is sitting on the shelf, waiting for a new leg, I re read the all thread.  :o :o

Let me thank all the contributors:
  zalo, novice, haha97, thinkaneer, cr0sh, josev, Onions,
  Gibby623, Ro-Bot-X, granyte, killersquirel11, WanaGo,
  Patrik, wowmir, gbm, hoyeungl, T.J.L., pramlie, Jon D.,
  uncle_tom, RWehner, GuzZzt

Some have been rather silent recently, please stop by and share your new positive/negative experience.

For the silent others who helped generating the 28,000 read pages in the 2 threads, please introduce your project (with photos  :)).
Let's establish this thread as a reference for others to find both inspiration and technical information.

psychoul

Hi there kas, last week I was searching around for kalman filtering for balancing robot and I came across your thread. I found it very useful and I am gearing up for my own balancing robot.

I am not interested the details so much (i.e. the code) but I found the high-level description REALLY useful. So now that with your help I identified the building blocks of the procedure (data acquisition, smoothing, filtering, control) I am going to start developing.

Personally I lack of the mechanical potential. Not much hardware stores in my country, so everything has to be ordered through the internet which delays the whole procedure a lot!

I should let you know that I am mainly a PIC user, so I will develop for that platform :)

Anyway. Thanks for the info. I will try to be active in the discussion here.

kas

Dec 12, 2010, 08:57 am Last Edit: Dec 12, 2010, 09:45 am by kas Reason: 1
Hi psychoul

thanks for joining us

You are right, the processor itself is not the main part of the project.
My initial intention was to describe the process using pseudo code only.
I wanted to avoid people to just "copy/paste" code, and make sure they understand what they are doing  ;).

You are welcome back with questions , and to share your development.

Not much hardware stores in my country, so everything has to be ordered through the internet which delays the whole procedure a lot!
Short of getting local convenient sources, most of us, in Europe, purchase in the USA (Sparkfun, Adafruit, Pololu...)
Out of curiosity, where are you from ??

Go Up