Go Down

Topic: Stopwatch with Pause/Lap  6 digit 7 seg LED. HELP! (Read 126335 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Jan 24, 2011, 12:41 am Last Edit: Jan 24, 2011, 12:44 am by CrossRoads Reason: 1
You're very welcome Warren.

Why go down? Just hit reset and start readout from 0 again.

Well, if you must go down, replace the top of the memory_read code:

Lap#      address1      address2      address3      address4      address5      address6
1      0      1      2      3      4      5
2      6      7      8      9      10      11
3      12      13      14      15      16      17
:      :      :      :      :      :      :
83      492      493      494      495      496      497
84      498      499      500      501      502      503
85      504      505      506      507      508      509
86      510      511      512      513      514      515
// adjust reset # in EEPROM_writing to be 516, from 512

Code: [Select]

//Memory
//Memory Up Button Here

memory_up_button_state = digitalRead (memory_up_button);

if ((memory_up_button_state == 0 && running == 0)|| EEPROM_reading_up == 1){ // not running - button pushed, or already reading
 if (EEPROM_reading_up == 0){
   EEPROM_reading_up = 1; // enable reading
   //Serial.println ("EEPROM reading up enabled ");
   delay (300); // or set up something with millis() to keep from double reads
 }
}
//Memory Down Button Here (new code)

if ((memory_down_button_state == 0 && running == 0)|| EEPROM_reading_down== 1){ // not running - button pushed, or already reading
 if (EEPROM_reading_down == 0){
   EEPROM_reading_down = 1; // enable reading
   //Serial.println ("EEPROM reading down enabled ");
   delay (300); // or set up something with millis() to keep from double reads

if (EEPROM_address == 6){
EEPROM_address = 510:
   }
   else{
     EEPROM_address = EEPROM_address -12;
   }

}
}

if (EEPROM_reading_up == 1 || EEPROM_reading_down == 1){
 switch (byte_to_read){

continue with exisitng EEPROM reading code

If you want to write ( 255? ) to clear the memory with double button press &  hold, then will have to come up with something like the pause button with case statements, add in code to read the EEPROM to know when to stop writing, etc.
I was just thinking it would be neat to have the memory up or down button require 2 presses - 1st would display lap number (calculated from the start address being read), 2nd would display the time.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

You have to update EEPROM_reading to
EEPROM_reading_up & EEPROM_reading_down in presetup & in the stop/reset area as well, assign new pin #, etc.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Coding Badly

To make the situation truly annoying, a few days ago I removed some spam from the "read only" area.

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

CrossRoads

Wow - how'd this thread get pulled oved from the old forum?

Coding Badly

Let's continue here...
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,77658.msg586626.html#msg586626

AWOL

Good idea - it's a bit spooky in here.   XD

Go Up