Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: arduino.mk (new arduino makefile, works with 1.0)  (Read 10163 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

not much out there ... but this might be a starting point

http://code.google.com/p/u8glib/source/browse/sys/arduino/HelloWorld/Makefile.152.due?spec=svn4161b65e5f92bb4aad59d245c733b87b2f8c1371&r=4161b65e5f92bb4aad59d245c733b87b2f8c1371

That is a Makefile for an example of the u8glib libraries ... supporting 1.5.2 and due

have not tested it

Germany
Edison Member
If you believe something is right, you won't see what's wrong (David Straker).
View Profile

Hi

The due makefile in the u8glib project is working. It took me some time to figure out all the gcc and ld options. Also note that bossac has been patched for Arduino. The normal bossac distribution will not work.

Oliver

View Profile

Hi,

sounds great, I tried it, but could not get to work so far

stuck with some enum warnings ...

can you post your Makefile?

tex

Germany
Edison Member
View Profile

But you have already refered to it. I just wanted to confirm that it works.

Oliver

View Profile

Hi,

I was looking for a Makefile and found that one. I refered to it as a starting point because it seemed that some one figured out the new structure of the arduino 1.5.2

I thought it might help people here

I tried to get it to work for me, but so far no success, I still have problems with the gcc and ld options ... where did you fix that?

View Profile

Asche über mein Haupt

.... sorry for the confusion, the Makefile I refered to works fine, I had some problems with the filesystem

Germany
Edison Member
View Profile

Kein Problem.
I just checked the Makefile and it works just fine for me :-)

Oliver

View Profile

Hi!
I tried to use the Due Makefile by olikraus but got into trouble.

Here is a trivial sketch I use to try out the Makefile:
void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
Serial.begin(115200);
}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
  Serial.println("hello");
  delay(1000);
}

which works as expected in the 1.5.2 IDE, but not with the Makefile. make runs without complaints, but the arduino does not output anything on the serial port, as it does when using the IDE. I work in Ubuntu, but this should be irrelevant to the problem.
I attach the Makefile.

Thankful for help!

* trivial_example.tar.gz (4.53 KB - downloaded 14 times.)

View Profile

I don't mean to be rude, but this is a bit off-topic for this thread (which is about a different Arduino makefile).  Why not start another thread about it and link to that from here?

View Profile

I thought this was an appropriate place since the due specific Makefile is discussed here, but I will follow your advice and post in the due section instead. I hope this will not violate the cross posting policy.

edit: see http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,162959.0.html
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:11:50 pm by pauldreik » Logged

View Profile

Hey y'all, I've been trying to use the make file on OSX with one of these arduino clones - http://www.freetronics.com/pages/leostick-getting-started-guide

I edited the Arduino app's boards.txt to include the two new board profiles, but I get an exception running make. The board profile zip for the Leostick has a "bootloaders" dir and a "cores" dir that I need to somehow include.

Can I use the LIBRARYPATH variable for this?

My current Makefile:
Code:
BOARD := leostick
include ~/Development/Arduino/arduino.mk

View Profile

Hey y'all, I've been trying to use the make file on OSX with one of these arduino clones - http://www.freetronics.com/pages/leostick-getting-started-guide

Cool.  They look quite similar to the Minimus USBs. I'd never considered trying to get the Arduino library to work on them, though.

I edited the Arduino app's boards.txt to include the two new board profiles, but I get an exception running make. The board profile zip for the Leostick has a "bootloaders" dir and a "cores" dir that I need to somehow include.

According to the instructions on the page you linked to, you're supposed to unzip the zip-file somewhere and then tell the IDE to use that instead of its own library directory.  I think, for the makefile, just changing the ARDUINODIR parameter to the path of wherever you've unzipped the zip-file will work.

The zip-file contains its own boards.txt, which has a profile for leostick and leostickv2.  But, unless I'm wrong, I think it has some errors.  There are two problems:

1) For version 1 LeoSticks, "leostick.bootloader.path=diskloader" tells the IDE/makefile to look in "bootloaders/diskloader", which doesn't exist.  I don't think that "make bootloader" will work (and I would imagine uploading the bootloader from the IDE is also broken).

2) For version 2 LeoSticks, I think "leostickv2.build.core=arduino:arduino" should be "leostickv2.build.core=arduino".  The makefile will certainly complain if this is not changed.

Finally, in order for the makefile to know to use the leostickv1 core, it has to read the leostick.build.core parameter from boards.txt.  Unfortunately, this isn't done in the last release of the makefile.  But I've just patched it, so it will now!  :o)  So you'll have to download the latest development version of the makefile for this to work.

View Profile

Hey edam, thanks for the reply.

I tried the latest arduino.mk you posted and set the ARDUINODIR to the extracted board profile path. Unfortunately it didn't work!

Code:
arduino.mk:169: *** ARDUINODIR is not set correctly; arduino software not found.  Stop.

I currently have the board profile working with the IDE, but presumably it picks up the additional files as they're the special "hardware" subdirectory of the IDE's configured sketchbook directory. Perhaps setting ARDUINODIR is replacing the IDE core files with the board profile, rather than appending to the them? (*vague guess work*)

As for your other points.. I'm on the Leostick V1, so I'm okay on point 2. As for point 1, would that only be relevant if I was updating my board's bootloader?

Thanks again for your help
Matt

View Profile

I currently have the board profile working with the IDE, but presumably it picks up the additional files as they're the special "hardware" subdirectory of the IDE's configured sketchbook directory. Perhaps setting ARDUINODIR is replacing the IDE core files with the board profile, rather than appending to the them? (*vague guess work*)

Hmmm.  OK, I'll have to look at adding support for this properly then, by the sounds of it.  (Edit: if you're interested, you can follow my progress here)

In the meantime, you could always copy the arduino cirectory, then copy-in the leostick files (over the top) and point ARDUINODIR at that.  Not the nicest of solutions.  :o(

As for your other points.. I'm on the Leostick V1, so I'm okay on point 2. As for point 1, would that only be relevant if I was updating my board's bootloader?

Yes, that's right.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:31:24 am by edam » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: