Using Arduino > Project Guidance

3d printer using arduino uno

<< < (2/4) > >>

staberas:
Thanks  :), ill buy a RAMPS/Mega kit since i guess Uno will be a pain to design/code and implement .

stimmer:
I have a reprap controlled by a Duemilanove. It is enough to control 3 axes, end stops, the extruder and hot end, heated bed and a fan, however I have now run out of pins so can't add anything else (LCD or 2nd extruder for example). 

There's easily enough memory, my firmware takes about 16k, the limitation is the number of pins. I'd recommend using a Mega and one of the more common electronic kits, as repraps can be very hard to set up and it's a lot easier to get help if your build is closer to the norm.

Chipakias:

--- Quote from: stimmer on Jan 27, 2012, 06:05 pm ---
I have a reprap controlled by a Duemilanove. It is enough to control 3 axes, end stops, the extruder and hot end, heated bed and a fan, however I have now run out of pins so can't add anything else (LCD or 2nd extruder for example). 

There's easily enough memory, my firmware takes about 16k, the limitation is the number of pins. I'd recommend using a Mega and one of the more common electronic kits, as repraps can be very hard to set up and it's a lot easier to get help if your build is closer to the norm.

--- End quote ---

Hi Stimmer,
Can you upload the Code (sketch file) for Duemilanove ?

Msquare:
I'd say no problem for a "simple" 3D printer. Shiftregisters have been invented and take care of all home switches so you do not need to dedicate precious pins on that. (Limit switches should be hardwired and "mechanical" and outside the Arduino - otherwise they fail to work if the software is glitchy.) Shiftregister the other way can reduce pin count for heater, motor enable and such like. That way you might even have your LCD (if it uses Serial or I2C or such like). The real problem when adding too many things is running out of time, you need to cycle through you main loop often enough to keep the steppers stepping evenly (unless have put that into interrupt/timer driven code - but that is trickier)

Chipakias:

--- Quote from: Msquare on Oct 29, 2013, 10:25 pm ---
I'd say no problem for a "simple" 3D printer. Shiftregisters have been invented and take care of all home switches so you do not need to dedicate precious pins on that. (Limit switches should be hardwired and "mechanical" and outside the Arduino - otherwise they fail to work if the software is glitchy.) Shiftregister the other way can reduce pin count for heater, motor enable and such like. That way you might even have your LCD (if it uses Serial or I2C or such like). The real problem when adding too many things is running out of time, you need to cycle through you main loop often enough to keep the steppers stepping evenly (unless have put that into interrupt/timer driven code - but that is trickier)

--- End quote ---

That is what I thought about pins. I do not want any too special 3D printer with too complicated capabilities  but
a basic one with almost limited capabilities that will work with arduino Duemilanove and using g-code. My basic aim is initially to see a completed work to study it , to understand it and finnaly to develop ip to my needs.
This is why I am asking for ready code.

I have read the following site http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-Arduino-Controlled-3-Axis-Pen-Plotter/
but I do not want the 3d printer to work by this way but using g-code.

Is it possible anyone to share his code ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version