Go Down

Topic: WS2803 versus WS2801 (Read 19922 times) previous topic - next topic

Omnimusha

hello,
  you can put as the WS2803 is connected to arduino. ?
I connect well, but it does not work.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118406.30.html

KirAsh4

Yep, and it works just fine with the proper code.

Omnimusha

Thanks for your prompt response.
  pull-up resistor, so connected?

KirAsh4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-up_resistor

Omnimusha

KirAsh4

That's neither a pull-up nor a pull-down.  There is no GND involved in a pull-up, and no VCC in a pull-down.  Look at the various schematics on that wiki page.

Omnimusha

Someone can put a picture of how to connect a "pull-up". As he says, KirAsh4.

THX.

KirAsh4

If you're only using one, it won't matter.  Leave them unconnected.  If you're planning on using several of them and you happen to get close to 6 meter length, you need to add them to avoid reflection.

In other words, when I make modules with these, I create them with the ability of adding those resistors if I need them.  If not they remain unconnected.

Omnimusha

ok, but still not working. no LED lights.
I have also modified their library and nothing.

ps: not to stay with the doubt, could you put the resistecia concecta as "pull-up"?

ok, but still not working. I turn on the LED.
Also I have modified Their library and nothing.

ps: not to stay with the doubt, could you put the resistor connected as "pull-up"?

KirAsh4

R2 and R3 are pull-up resistors.

Omnimusha

you can put a video tutorial?
Thanks.

KirAsh4

On what?  Pull-up resistors?  That's why I pointed you to the wiki page which talks about both pull-ups as well as pull-downs.

Grumpy_Mike

You still have the LED wired wrong. Is this a common cathode RGB LED?
If it is then it is likely only one colour will work.

A pull up resistor should be 4K7 and go from the pin to +5V, that is all. You do need them even with one chip.

xl97

I believe the RGB 5050 leds are common 'anything' that have 3 pads on each side: 3 x GND and 3 x V+

I usually bridge pads on the correct side to match my project(s)..

KirAsh4

On the 5050's that I have, they're common anode, and the WS2801/WS2803 sink.  So each cathode on the LED goes to a separate output pin on the chip and the anodes are tied together with VCC.  And the datasheet specifically says 50R, not 4K7 for pull-ups.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy