Go Down

Topic: Wireless control system problem (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

njkl44

So luckily i was reading this over and i saw that there was more code that you posted. code doesnt seem to be very mobile friendly.

It was indeed lucky that you read the code I posted. Otherwise my time would have been wasted.

So does everything look good in that code then? It's still not working :/ the receiving LED comes on but in the serial monitor of the receiving side there is nothing.

njkl44

So luckily i was reading this over and i saw that there was more code that you posted. code doesnt seem to be very mobile friendly.

It was indeed lucky that you read the code I posted. Otherwise my time would have been wasted.

Do I still use that flash function if im sending at 9600? Does the code look like it has everything there?

Nick Gammon

Can you explain to me in your own words what you think the flash() function does? Here, I'll reproduce it:

Code: [Select]
void flash ()
  {
  digitalWrite (LED, HIGH);
  digitalWrite (LED, LOW);
  }  // end of flash

Once you have told me what it does, can you tell me if your program needs it to do that or not?

njkl44

Can you explain to me in your own words what you think the flash() function does? Here, I'll reproduce it:

Code: [Select]
void flash ()
  {
  digitalWrite (LED, HIGH);
  digitalWrite (LED, LOW);
  }  // end of flash

Once you have told me what it does, can you tell me if your program needs it to do that or not?

It just slows it down so you can get all 5 values at the same time. Because i am using 9600 i believe i do. This is just what i understood from the pictures a few pages back and your website.

Nick Gammon

No. I put it there to flash the LED. That's all. I did that to show how fast the data is coming in. That's all.

If I had thought it necessary to put it in, I would have in the code I pasted on the previous page.

You seem to have incorporated the servo controls into the code. Well, does it work or not? If not, what does it do?

Go Up