Go Down

Topic: problem uploading to board. (Read 995 times) previous topic - next topic

hello! newbie here. i have a problem regarding uploading codes to my board: here is the error message

avrdude: stk500_paged_write(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x64
avrdude: failed to write flash memory, rc=-4

here is the screen shot:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here is my board:

http://www.robotshop.com/productinfo.aspx?pc=rb-rbo-33

here is the schematic diagram

http://www.robotshop.com/content/PDF/dfrobotshop-rover-schematic.pdf

i noticed that there were 3 burnt capacitors(C21, C20,C13). i dont know if it is the cause of the error

here is the photo where the capacitors are located:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

need some help :( any help will be greatly appreciated.

Coding Badly

hello! I already tried uploading in the past and it worked perfectly, but today I want to upload a modified code and that was the result. i tried to upload a bare minimum and same error occurs. please explain to me what the error means. thank you so much!

Coding Badly

please explain to me what the error means. thank you so much!

Don't thank me yet.  The answer to your question has a hint of sarcasm (but it's the only answer anyone can provide at this point)...

avrdude: stk500_paged_write(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x64

The error means exactly what it says.  avrdude was attempting to write (hence the "stk500_paged_write").  While attempting to write, it expected the programmer to respond with 0x14 but instead received 0x64.

Do you program the robot through a bootloader installed on the robot or through an in-system program (aka "ISP" aka "ICSP")?

Do you program the robot through a bootloader installed on the robot or through an in-system program (aka "ISP" aka "ICSP")?

i just program the robot through bootloader. i dont have any in system program such as ICSP.

hardcore

How do you know they are burnt?

Are they 'open', 'short'

do you have a 'close-up'

This relates to the  motor drivers, try disconnecting the motors, then re-try the upload.

Coding Badly

Do you have the correct board selected?

How do you know they are burnt?

Are they 'open', 'short'

do you have a 'close-up'

This relates to the  motor drivers, try disconnecting the motors, then re-try the upload.

here is photo.

i tried to remove the motors but it doesnt work.

Do you have the correct board selected?

yes, according to the manual it is based from atmega 328.

Go Up