Go Down

Topic: New spam detection in place - have you been banned? (Read 2934 times) previous topic - next topic

Nick Gammon

It looks like someone un-banned your other account.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

HELP-ME

Feb 28, 2016, 12:48 am Last Edit: Feb 28, 2016, 02:47 am by Nick Gammon Reason: Got rid of huge font size and multiple exclamation marks.
My other account is Clockworkmod. I was banned for spamming, without any notice. I do not know of any spam. I had 3 posts, all relevant and constructive. WHAT HAPPENED?

MAS3

Feb 28, 2016, 01:08 am Last Edit: Feb 28, 2016, 02:51 am by Nick Gammon Reason: Removed huge font.
That other account has 16 times the word "idiot!" in its signature.
There are 3 visible posts by that account, by someone who doesn't seem to understand the difference between hardware and software serial ports on a chip, so that is for sure not the reason for being banned.

Your account (or even your pc) might have been hacked by some spammer, causing that other account to be banned now, and the spamming posts removed.
Also for sure, SHOUTING and SHOUTING will not help resolve this.
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Nick Gammon

@HELP-ME - are you the guy that posted:

I have gotten away with spam on other websites until a moderator viewed it, because their filtering system couldn't detect repeating sequences of characters, such as "Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! ".
That's why you were banned. Now grow up and stop shouting at us in huge type.

I have gotten away with spam on other websites ...
Yes, well not here any longer. Any more shouting and you will be banned again.

More info:

HELP-ME

Feb 28, 2016, 06:12 pm Last Edit: Feb 28, 2016, 06:18 pm by HELP-ME Reason: Quotes missing
@HELP-ME - are you the guy that posted:
I have gotten away with spam on other websites until a moderator viewed it, because their filtering system couldn't detect repeating sequences of characters, such as "Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! Potato! ".
That's why you were banned. Now grow up and stop shouting at us in huge type.
I have gotten away with spam on other websites ...
Yes, well not here any longer. Any more shouting and you will be banned again.

That other account has 16 times the word "idiot!" in its signature.
There are 3 visible posts by that account, by someone who doesn't seem to understand the difference between hardware and software serial ports on a chip, so that is for sure not the reason for being banned.

Your account (or even your pc) might have been hacked by some spammer, causing that other account to be banned now, and the spamming posts removed.
Also for sure, SHOUTING and SHOUTING will not help resolve this.

I did not post about getting away with spam. I just discovered that my brother posted that "I got away with spam..." from my account as a prank.  Also, I do not have "Idiot!" 16 times in my signature. I don't think I even have a signature. It seems accurate that "I am the guy who doesn't know the difference between hardware and software serial ports...." You said I was unbanned, but I was not.

Nick Gammon

The signature of Clockworkmod does in fact have "Idiot!" many times in the signature. It still does. I suggest instead of using huge fonts to shout at us here, that you shout at your brother. You are expected to be responsible for actions taken when logged into your account.

You might point out to your brother than his "prank" got you banned from a forum you were interested in, and it wasn't funny.

I have converted your ban to a partial ban - you can read posts and are not IP or email-address banned. I suggest making a new user (well, you already have) and try to keep your brother away from the keyboard.

More info:

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy