Go Down

Topic: ISP Leonardo to program attiny85 error (Read 149 times) previous topic - next topic

Aug 24, 2015, 09:19 am Last Edit: Aug 24, 2015, 09:30 am by klemko
Im trying to upload blink sketch to attiny 85 using IDE 1.6.5 and my arduino Leonardo. I installed cores for attiny x5 series, i upload Arduino as ISP to my leo(whit reset pin on 10), then i switch to attiny 85 board,1mhz, and select Arduino as ISP programmer. I also used ICSP header on lea so the switching and evrything else is o.k. I also tried 4 diferent core files and i get same error on all of them.

This is the error message i get after few seconds of waiting:

Arduino:1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board:"ATtiny x5 series, ATtiny85, 1 mhz (internal), B.O.D. Disabled"
Build options changed, rebuilding all
Skica uporablja 796 bajtov, kar je (9%) prostora namenjenega programu. Maksimum je 8.192 bajtov.
Globalna spremenljivka uporablja 9 bajtov, kar je (1%) dinamičnega spomina in pušča 503 bajtov za lokalne spremenljivke. Maksimum je 512 bajtov.

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

Now i tried a fix from Peters post: https://petervanhoyweghen.wordpress.com/2012/09/16/arduinoisp-on-the-leonardo/
and i added a programmer for Leonardo and changed stk500 protocol to arduino protocol.

Now i get this error:
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\com1": The system cannot find the file specified.

So tell me if its worth keep trying whit leo, or just get a UNO for 20€ since whit that one, there are no problems as i seen on forums???

Just a quick question, because there are more experienced users here that know about those compiler errors.

When you go and use the ICSP header for programming your ATTiny85, you are still using pin 10 for reset, and NOT the reset on the ICSP header, correct?

yes. Im getting an arduino Uno tomorrow, i wil ltry to programm whit that one

Rather than getting an Uno for programming, u should get a USBasp programmer.
You can then program the any ATTiny and any other Arduino - I paid $2.00 for mine.

FWIW when u program with an UNO as ISP u need a 10uF capacitor between Reset and Ground on the UNO.
Not sure if u need it with the Leonardo, but it's worth a try.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131