Go Down

Topic: core13: An Arduino core for the Attiny13 *testers wanted* (Read 47 times) previous topic - next topic

gizmoDave

Ensure you are using a sufficient clock speed.
When working with uS, you want as much speed as you can get.
9600000 will give you 27uS granularity while 1200000 will only provide a lousy 213uS granularity.

you mentioned in an earlier post the board was running slow so I attempted to start from scratch with ATTiny13 standalone
which is supposed to run faster "attiny13.build.f_cpu=9600000L" but I can not get Bootloader to run this board.txt file
error produced
avrdude: please define PAGEL and BS2 signals in the configuration file for part ATtiny13
                                avrdude: please define PAGEL and BS2 signals in the configuration file for part ATtiny13
                                ***failed; 
                                avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
                                0xff != 0x3f
                                avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

Other boards.txt files load fine but are all set for lower clock speeds and may be contributing to the problem running my sketch.

smeezekitty

This
Code: [Select]

attiny13at9m.name=ATtiny13 @ 9.6 Mhz
attiny13at9m.bootloader.low_fuses=0x7A
attiny13at9m.bootloader.high_fuses=0xff
attiny13at9m.upload.maximum_size=1024
attiny13at9m.build.mcu=attiny13
attiny13at9m.build.f_cpu=9600000
attiny13at9m.build.core=core13

should make it run at 9.6MHz. If this gives errors then I am at a loss.
It would be kind of nice if Arduino would develop something easier then boards.txt.
Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

gizmoDave

This
Code: [Select]

attiny13at9m.name=ATtiny13 @ 9.6 Mhz
attiny13at9m.bootloader.low_fuses=0x7A
attiny13at9m.bootloader.high_fuses=0xff
attiny13at9m.upload.maximum_size=1024
attiny13at9m.build.mcu=attiny13
attiny13at9m.build.f_cpu=9600000
attiny13at9m.build.core=core13

should make it run at 9.6MHz. If this gives errors then I am at a loss.
It would be kind of nice if Arduino would develop something easier then boards.txt.

That one loads fine.
Now I'm off to figure out "unsigned long pulseIn_new"

smeezekitty

Now I'm off to figure out "unsigned long pulseIn_new"

Simply put it at the top of your source file and replace all uses of pulseIn with pulseIn_new.
The new version might fix a possible bug. If it works better I will merge it with the core in the next version.
Please understand this is prealpha software and in the early testing stages so tons of bugs is to be expected.
Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

hansibull

I'm really looking forward to try this new core, but how should I connect the attiny13 to the arduino? is there some kind of connection diagram out there? and do I need to use arduinoISP to program it, an arduino with the 328p installed(or not installed), or can I use a FTDI breakout.

If someone have the answer it would be great! :D

Go Up