Go Down

Topic: Connect Arduino to Android device using WiFly module (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hi! I want to control my Arduino (send and receive data to/from sensors) with my device running Android 2.3.4. I have a Wifly Module RN-XV connected with a XBee Shield to an Arduino Duemilanove, and I want to know if I can connect themselves without a wifi router, because if I have to use a wify router, I can connect it to Arduino with an Ethernet cable and I don't see the need to have the Wifly module. I thought that with the Wifly module I could connect my device to it on adhoc mode, but I just realized that my Android device can't connect to adhoc...
Is it true or am I doing anything wrong? So, what are my choices to do this?

I'm no expert by any means, but i know the Wifly module can connect to AdHoc networks, and a quick google shows us why android doesn't show adhoc networks along with some ready to go apps.
Since i dont have an Android phone i can't test any of these though.

good luck!

Yes, but all these apps require your phone to be rooted... And I don't want to mess with that  :P

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131