Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Users Group: Boston (April 19, 2008).  (Read 1712 times)
Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Inspired by the NYC hacklabs, we're going to be holding the first Arduino Users Group: Boston meeting on Saturday, April 19th from 2 to 6 pm.  The idea is to get Arduino users together to hang out, work on projects, help each other out, and generally socialize.  Anyone is welcome.

The location is Willoughby and Baltic (home of the Boston Dorkbot and Arduino workshops!) near Davis Square in Somerville.  The address is:

195g Elm Street
Somerville, MA 02144
(617) 501-0197

(see map).

See you in two weeks!

Underhill Center, Vermont, USA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I am planning to drive down from Burlington VT area, leaving about 0900 via  I-89 to WRJ, VT,  and Concord, NH then south on I-93 returning after the meeting ... anyone along the way want a ride?

I am bringing  several of my projects and a small assortment of my Freeduino stuff ... some BBB and RBBA and RBBB kits and serial LCD displays and controllers. I will have my bootloader burner rig for anyone who wants needs to burn a chip and a few spare 168's if needed

Brian Riley
http://www.wulfden.org/freeduino/freeduino.shtml

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Just a reminder that we'll be meeting tomorrow from 2 or 2:30 to 6 at Willoughby and Baltic in Davis Square.  Hoping to see you then.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I talked to PaulB today, he is coming up from Providence, and I will be down from VT ...  I have set a side some 'good stuff' to donate for 'door prizes' or however you want to hand them out, plus I will have Freeduino boards (BBB, RBBA, RBBB, FTDI USB-TTL cables, LCD displays, etc) for sale

cheers ... BBR
http://www.wulfden.org/freeduino/freeduino.shtml

Boston
Arduino design
View Profile

It was a good meeting on Saturday.  I learned that I'm not the only one who collects things on 0.1" centers.   :=)

I didn't seem to convince anyone to make a AVR32 NGW100 to Arduino shield adapter though.  First problem would seem to be that the AVR32 AP7000 has 256 pins.  So there are options on how to map those to the Arduino shield layout.  Would be nice if the "community" could come up with some bus standard for microcontroller boards (i.e. S-100 or ISA or PC104 like but also with Rs-232 and I2C dedicated pins.)   Ideas anybody ?

When is the next meeting ? Would be nice to have a projector and screen to look at software.  I would be glad to give a 15 min demo on how to calibrate the Nunchuck accelerometer.

Bruce

Brisbane, Australia
God Member
View Profile

I didn't seem to convince anyone to make a AVR32 NGW100 to Arduino shield adapter though.  First problem would seem to be that the AVR32 AP7000 has 256 pins.  So there are options on how to map those to the Arduino shield layout.  Would be nice if the "community" could come up with some bus standard for microcontroller boards (i.e. S-100 or ISA or PC104 like but also with Rs-232 and I2C dedicated pins.)   Ideas anybody ?
I rather like the NGW100's pin array.
If I was making a custom board I'd bring out the EBI bus however and put it next to the connector on the usb side.
Making a adapter so you can use it like a Arduino would be trivial.

I intend to (eventually) make a shield for the NGW100 with audio, PS2 ports and VGA. smiley

Boston
Arduino design
View Profile

I'm not sure what the EBI bus is ?  Audio -> AC'97, PS2 -> Keyboard/Mouse or Sparkfun Bluetooth and 7 " TFT ($15 at Goldmine).  And the adapter might as well have an Atmeg168 (or two) on it.  Can I2C be bussed ?  As you say trivial (except for the TFT interface).  Have you seen the NGW layout files somewhere (so we don't have to start the PCB adapter from scratch).

Going to the next meeting in Somerville by chance (or plane)?

Bruce

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I missed the April 19 meeting.  Is there a date for the next Sommerville meeting?
Thanks,

John

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

It's tentatively scheduled for Saturday, the 17th of May.  Does that work for people?

Lowell MA
View Profile

The 17th works for me Dave

Florence, AL
Arduino rocks Alabama
View Profile

The 17th works for me too.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

It's tentatively scheduled for Saturday, the 17th of May.  Does that work for people?

Doesn't work for me this month at all. Have you a target date for June?

cheers ... BBR

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

We're subsuming the Arduino Users Group meeting into BarCamp Boston, which is all day Saturday and Sunday.  The users group was originally scheduled for Saturday, the 17th, at 2, so we'll try to do an Arduino session at BarCamp then.  The location is:

*Matignon High School*
1 Matignon Rd
Cambridge, MA 02140

(within walking distance from Davis Square).

Keith Hopper is planning an Arduino intro and workshop for Saturday morning, so get there early if you'd like to participate.

Details on the BarCamp Boston website.  You might want to http://2008.barcampboston.org/index.php?title=Registration pre-register.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Is there going o be a June Meeting??? June 21st ??? Willoughby and Baltic???

cheers ... BBR

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Yep, the next meeting is this Saturday, the 21st from 3 pm to 6 or 7 pm or so.  We'll be at Willoughy and Baltic: http://willoughbybaltic.squarespace.com/directions/.  Also, if you'd like to get email notices about this and other Arduino-related events in Boston, you can subscribe to boston@arduino.cc.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Jump to: