Go Down

Topic: Itead options and arduino shield developement. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I,ve already used Itead for a standalone arduino based board and pretty pleased with the results (although I am working on a mk2 version :)). I am also working on on a shield pcb, but wondered what size category I should be choosing when ordering. If I,ve done my research correctly, the 'standard' prototype shield is 53mm x 69mm (I,m guessing the final size as I don't have my notes with me),
but to get the best bang-for-buck ordering choice, I'd to order the 5cm x 10cm size, even though my design is slightly larger. Or to put it another way, if I order using the 10cm x 10cm choice, will they get as many boards to me as possible, or just the 10 and I loose a lot of potentially wasted pcb area?
Hope that makes sense :smiley-roll:
Anyone had a similair issue, or can report on there findings please?

You are correct in that getting a full size Arduino shield with these services is not possible, but you can get pretty close; see http://www.seeedstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2416

Seeed uses the same service as Itead so you should expect the same results with either vendor.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131