Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Project ideas Kinda bored want to build something  (Read 1678 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey,

So i was wondering if some could pitch some idea out there i'm kinda bored and want to build something using my micro. I was thinking of building a quadcopter but it seems like it would cost me a bit.

I was thinking of making the frame but it will take long given that i have to balance everything extremely well and then i am sure i will have to buy motors and gears.

I might still do it not sure if it's worth spending that much money on something just for fun that all

So as i said any ideas. I previously built a autonomous robot. 

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Hey,

So i was wondering if some could pitch some idea out there i'm kinda bored and want to build something using my micro. I was thinking of building a quadcopter but it seems like it would cost me a bit.

I was thinking of making the frame but it will take long given that i have to balance everything extremely well and then i am sure i will have to buy motors and gears.

I might still do it not sure if it's worth spending that much money on something just for fun that all

So as i said any ideas. I previously built a autonomous robot. 

Why not expand/upgrade the robot? Add an arm or two, a vision system, true artificial intelligence, etc (unless you've done all the above - not much detail given).

Or - how about something with LEDs? Maybe a large LED cube, or an overhead LED pattern light?

Or - maybe a tool? How about a homemade hotair rework station? Or an oscilloscope? Or a function generator? Or a timer/frequency counter? Or a logic probe?

Maybe you could use the Arduino to explore possibilities in VR, 3D tracking, augmented reality, etc? Maybe you could incorporate the robot into that (train the robot in a virtual environment, and see how it performs in the real world using the trained responses?)...

What about a sound or music synthesizer? Or a laser scanner system of some sort?

How about this: Figure out a way to make a very cheap, very easy to use 3D volumetric sensor, that costs less than the Kinect and will work outdoors to a range of 30 feet, and you'll have people beating down your door (heck, if you can do that in 2D at high speed, you'll have a winner).

Hope these "ideas" help or inspire...

smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Belgium
Edison Member
Arduino rocks; but with my plugin it can fly rocking the world ;-)
View Profile

cost me a bit.
If cost is an issue, how about making what you want to make but just lots cheaper?
Best regards
Jantje

Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Why not go to some 2nd hand store (or scrapheap) try to find some old electronics/mechanics and harvest parts.

For a few bucks you never know what you find -> serendipity effect, be suprised and inspired ... smiley-wink

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

View Profile

Right now I am broke as can be and I have been tearing apart old computer parts that I have laying around, such as cd rom drive and such for motors exc...  As far as cost for anything, you can buy a lot for pennies if you know where to look, just saying... 

Louisiana, USA
View Profile

Do you ever visit http://www.instructables.com. ?  You may find some ideas there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: