Go Down

Topic: Any interest in running arduino code on PC, partially? (Read 5303 times) previous topic - next topic

liudr

Same here. We are testing emulator, not simulator. If what we do (non-hardware related code) can run on PC, it will be much easier to debug and port back to arduino hardware. It's good to know though that you have a simulator in a good shape already. This will come in handy when time-critical things needs to be simulated and slowed down for developers to see what's going on.

liudr

Mar 26, 2012, 06:41 am Last Edit: Apr 16, 2012, 06:17 am by liudr Reason: 1
I made some additional functions for this simulated environment by adding a DS1307 class. The class was created by Matt Joyce (matt.joyce@gmail.com). I took its shell and bashed in windows stuff. Nice to see the PC time change from my simulated environment running phi_prompt menus and lists.

New list of working pieces:

millis();
microSeconds(); //Good luck with this on a multitasking operating system!
delay();

PROGMEM related definitions and functions. Seems to be working with "c-strings in PROGMEM and a pointer array in PROGMEM to point to these strings". I have not tested other data types. Be careful with this though, pitfalls may still exist
strcpy_P();
strlen_P();
strlcpy(); // This is only available with GNU C not a standard one but I need it.
pgm_read_byte();
pgm_read_word();

LiquidCrystal library. Will work on write(char), print(int) and print(float)

Everything except for below functions, which I don't use
       void noDisplay();                                                         ///< Turns off the display
       void display();                                                           ///< Turn on the display
       void scrollDisplayLeft(); // Hate these scroll functions. Useless
       void scrollDisplayRight();
       void leftToRight();
       void rightToLeft();
       void autoscroll();
       void noAutoscroll();
       void createChar(uint8_t, unit8_t*); // I can't create char on PC

DS1307 all working except for this one I didn't implement. Easy to do though. Also start and stop have no actions. You can't change DOW without changing dates.
   int get(int, boolean);

phi_interfaces input device library only has the phi_serial_keypads class which takes inputs from keyboard. Function keys are wsadfg of course (who didn't play some FPS games?)

phi_prompt user interface library works except that the right arrow looks different and the scroll bar is not as awesome as on real LCD

Will attach code and a sample once I get one done.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy