Go Down

Topic: Upload pb: works with arduino ide (not "with programmer") , not with avrdude (Read 485 times) previous topic - next topic

jmcoursi

Hello all,
I've just received my official Arduino2560. I'm on Linux Fedora14, downloaded arduino 1.0, I can upload "Blink" just fine by hitting "upload", the loopback test works fine.

I don't have a programmer (awaiting one). So I upload using just my USB cable.

I've downloaded an interesting project (grbl) that is not in Arduino IDE but comes with a makefile and uploads its .hex with avrdude. And no matter what options I give avrdude, I get "programmer is not responding" (see below for the exact messages). I tried all -c options that seemed relevant. Tried reset as well. Tried 57600. 9600, 115200 bauds.

I tried to do "shift-upload" in the Arduino IDE hoping to see what command line it calls but then I get the same errors, apparently the uploading method is not the same. I googled high and low including searching in this forum, no joy.

So is there a command line that does exactly what the Arduino IDE does when it uploads a .hex  (not shift-upload) ?

Thanks for any hints

Code: [Select]

/home/jmc/Downloads/arduino-1.0/hardware/tools/avrdude -c Arduino -P /dev/ttyACM0 -B 115200 -vvvv  -p atmega2560 -F -C /home/jmc/Downloads/arduino-1.0/hardware/tools/avrdude.conf -U flash:w:grbl.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep  7 2011 at 19:34:16
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/home/jmc/Downloads/arduino-1.0/hardware/tools/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/root/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/ttyACM0
         Using Programmer              : Arduino
         Setting bit clk period        : 115200.0
avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy