Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Anyone familiar with Hyperterminal?  (Read 924 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I'm transmitting binary (in single 8-bit bytes) out of the Arduino and receiving the data on a PC.  If I use Qbasic to receive the data, it comes out as expected.

When I use Hyperterminal, it is interpreting the data as text and altering it accordingly (adding null characters etc. ). 

Is there a way to make Hyperterminal capture the data stream as raw bytes, and not alter it at all?

There are many options in Hyperterminal and I didn't want to have to play with each and every one.

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Please consider using another terminal program as hyperterminal as there are better free ones. I personally use putty.exe, it works quite well. There are other equally well or even better. Some include scripting to automate the behaviour.

If I recall correctly Hyperterminal can do binary transfers but it can not switch between modes after it started. You need to make a new profile for that, not sure.

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Well hyperterminal is better then the arduino built in serial monitor as far as features, it pales with more feature rich terminal programs. I use and recommend brey terminal program for windows users. It's free, very mature, more features then you will ever be able to figure out. It's a standalone EXE program so no installation required. I carry a copy with me on a memory stick.

http://sites.google.com/site/terminalbpp/

View Profile

Alright, thanks for the replies. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: