Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Questions about datasheet info for MAX1797 Stepup IC  (Read 651 times)
Sunnyvale, CA
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I'm planning on using (have already put into the schematic/layout) a Maxim MAX1797 3.3->5v stepup converter to power my project from a 3.7V lithium battery.  According to the features, it says that for the 1797, the current limit is 1A. 
the MAX1795, MAX1796, and MAX1797 have current limits of 0.25A, 0.5A, and 1A, respectively.

however, in the table on the page, it says IOut Max is 0.55A.    Also, in the datasheet, where it lists the ratings, its says for Vbat = +2V, that max IOut is 0.55A.   If I look further down, where they show efficiency graphs though, it shows that for VBat +3.6, that the graph goes all the way out to 1A.   so is it true that with a 3.6V+ input, that I will get 1A out max?   I'm using a 2000mAh 3.6V lithium battery to run my project (measured voltage is around 4 fully charged), and while I don't need 1A, my project is going to require between 400-800mA. 

will this IC work?

My first major project (looking for people who would like to help contribute) Bluetooth Sure 32x16 LED Displays!: https://github.com/evanric

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

The current limit of 1A is on the battery side I guess (remember the current from the battery is not the same as the current to the load).

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: