Go Down

Topic: Will this work with arduino (Read 680 times) previous topic - next topic

madmurg

Can someone please tell me if this will work with an arduino
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?CMP=cmwis_email&sku=1936419
Im not sure of the code to use to control the 2-10v.

Magician

The issue not with a code, rather a hardware. Arduino is 5V platform, you can't get 7 or 10 w/o additional components. It will works at max 85-90% w/o

Nikarus

It'll work, though you'll probably need some other circuitry to drive the relay itself for the 10 volts.

Controlling a 10V power supply with a MOSFET from the arduino is easy. Then have that 10V supply control the relay.

retrolefty

Also be sure you understand the limitation of this device that the datasheet lists on it's cover sheet:

For use with resistive loads only

Lefty

madmurg

Am i right in thinking that a mosfet doubles the voltage put into it, so if i put in 5v from the arduino i will get 10v out from the mosfet.

CrossRoads

No madmurg.
A Logic Level MOSFET can be  used to switch 10V (or more) on/off from a 5V control source tho.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

Some examples
The NPN front of the P-channel MOSFET lets the gate go to 12V to turn the part fully off.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

madmurg

I think I understand now, i need a 10v  power supply to run through the mosfet which is controlled by the arduino pwm 0-5v, is this correct?

CrossRoads

Go Up