Go Down

Topic: panoramic tripod head using arduino (Read 3184 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi friends, if this is not the place to ask this question excuse me.

First of all I am new to arduino. I am planning to make panoramic tripod head (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoramic_tripod_head) and I was searching in internet for a suitable controller and I came to know about arduino. I like self programmable feature. So my problem is I don't know which board I have to select for my project. I have to connect these things to the board
1.      two unipolar stepper motors
2.      one 2X16 LCD display
3.      one 2X2 key pad
4.      one out pin to connect to a IR LED ( To trigger the camera, my camera is supported a remote controller)
5.      two home-position sensors (To Initialize/home-position the panoramic tripod head )
So please help me to find out a correct board.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions and inputs

Jun 14, 2009, 02:16 pm Last Edit: Jun 14, 2009, 02:18 pm by absolutum Reason: 1
just for the same purpose I began with the standard board then switched to a Arduino Nano (just to get a smaller footprint), two easydriver stepper controller, two bipolar steppers, serial LCD 4x20 and a Wii Nunchuck, no sensors for end/limit position, I trigger the cam via a cannibalized wired remote cable

i was thinking about something similar, and i figured out that to have a good mechanic is the most important part. the rest should be easy. so i would start with a concept for a very precise turning head.

one well documented approach you can see here

you could pimp the NXT-motors to run with Arduino as they use SPI
(just google SPI NXT)

a worm/spur gear is imho a good solution

very good idea for a mechanic. i was thinking much more complicated. puts my idea closer to reach so that there is no excuse anymore not to do it :)

Jun 21, 2009, 01:28 am Last Edit: Jun 21, 2009, 01:29 am by erik Reason: 1
sorry sync, but this way the npp (no parallax point, see http://wiki.panotools.org/No-parallax_point) does not stay in one place and thus creates parallax!

this is not a problem as long there are no objects near to the camera but it not fitted to do 360 by 180 (or Full Spherical, see: http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_formats) panoramas.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131