September 10-12th 2PM+: Positronic Pure Data - get automated! with Olsen Wolf and Roman Häfeli
In search of positronic signal processing we'll offer a starter course for entities interested in modulating electromechanical elements for their work. The workshop will cover basic devices and technologies of sensors(pressure, distance, light, movement) and actuators(motors, solenoids, switches, relays etc.).
Control & out of control scenarios will become physical with the help of Pure Data, Arduino and electromechanical devices from the peripherals of usability(trash) brought by the participants.
- Getting physical and sensory information via Arduino into the computer and playing.
- Learning more about the communication from Arduino to Pure Data & within Pure Data itself.
- Basic electronics to connect sensors to the Arduino
- actuators - putting information back into physical space.
- Starting and managing participant's own projects
Closing presentations/performance at _____-micro-research will take place at 8PM, Saturday 12th September.
Cost: 25 per participant (this includes parts, and food)
Please email email@example.com
to reserve a place (strictly limited)
_____-micro_research, pickledfeet, Linienstrasse 54, Berlin 10119
U8, Rosenthaler Pl.
_____-micro_research is supported by Hauptstadtkulturfonds, Berlin 2009
Positronic is supported by Pro Helvetia http://1010.co.uk/org/workshop.html