Go Down

Topic: IR Code on Attiny gives error (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic

williamanos

ok loading the blink sketch is working fine now. However still cannot load the IR code was originally trying to put on the attiny85. I get this compiler error:

Code: [Select]
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::mark(int)':
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:172:3: error: 'TCCR2A' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:172:13: error: 'COM2B1' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::space(int)':
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:180:3: error: 'TCCR2A' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:180:15: error: 'COM2B1' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::enableIROut(int)':
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:198:3: error: 'TIMSK2' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:198:14: error: 'TOIE2' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:207:3: error: 'TCCR2A' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:207:12: error: 'WGM20' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:208:3: error: 'TCCR2B' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:208:12: error: 'WGM22' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:208:25: error: 'CS20' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:211:3: error: 'OCR2A' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:212:3: error: 'OCR2B' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRrecv::enableIRIn()':
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:224:3: error: 'TCCR2A' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:229:3: error: 'TCCR2B' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:229:3: error: 'CS22' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:230:3: error: 'CS21' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:231:3: error: 'CS20' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:234:3: error: 'TIMSK2' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:234:3: error: 'TOIE2' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:236:3: error: 'TCNT2' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In function 'void TIMER2_OVF_vect()':
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:266:3: error: 'TCNT2' was not declared in this scope

Coding Badly

The ATtiny85 processor does not have a timer 2.  Timer 0 on the ATtiny85 is very similar to the even numbered timers (like timer 2) on ATmega processors.  Changing the code to use timer 0 should work.  You may even be able to make the change with a simple search-and-replace...

[font=Courier New]TCCR2A --> TCCR0A
COM2B1 --> COM0B1
[/font]

williamanos

I can find neither TCCR2A nor COM2B1 in the code or in the .h file it is referencing. I can however find these in the .cpp file in the folder with the code i downloaded. Changing just what you suggested gives me this error when running the code again:

/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::enableIROut(int)':
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:198:3: error: 'TIMSK2' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:198:14: error: 'TOIE2' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:207:12: error: 'WGM20' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:208:3: error: 'TCCR2B' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:208:12: error: 'WGM22' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:208:25: error: 'CS20' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:211:3: error: 'OCR2A' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:212:3: error: 'OCR2B' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRrecv::enableIRIn()':
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:229:3: error: 'TCCR2B' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:229:3: error: 'CS22' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:230:3: error: 'CS21' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:231:3: error: 'CS20' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:234:3: error: 'TIMSK2' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:234:3: error: 'TOIE2' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:236:3: error: 'TCNT2' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In function 'void TIMER2_OVF_vect()':
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:266:3: error: 'TCNT2' was not declared in this scope

williamanos

the .cpp file is too large to post here but you can see it in this zip file: http://arcfn.com/files/IRremote.zip

Coding Badly

Changing just what you suggested gives me this error when running the code again:

Those two items are examples.  They are not a comprehensive listing.  You will have to change all of the register and bit references from timer 2 to timer 0.

williamanos

Okeydoke. I'll keep track of what I change and report back after I find as many as I can.

williamanos

ok, here is a list of the parts I have guessed need changing. If any of these is not part of the register or bit references please point it out:
again you can get the .cpp file i am trying to fix from this zip file: http://arcfn.com/files/IRremote.zip

void IRsend::mark(int time) {
  // Sends an IR mark for the specified number of microseconds.
  // The mark output is modulated at the PWM frequency.
  TCCR2A |= _BV(COM2B1); // Enable pin 3 PWM output
  delayMicroseconds(time);

I changed only TCCR2A to TCCR0A here

/* Leave pin off for time (given in microseconds) */
void IRsend::space(int time) {
  // Sends an IR space for the specified number of microseconds.
  // A space is no output, so the PWM output is disabled.
  TCCR2A &= ~(_BV(COM2B1)); // Disable pin 3 PWM output
  delayMicroseconds(time);

I changed only TCCR2A to TCCR0A here

// Disable the Timer2 Interrupt (which is used for receiving IR)
  TIMSK2 &= ~_BV(TOIE2); //Timer2 Overflow Interrupt

I only changed TIMSK2 to TIMSK0 here

// COM2A = 00: disconnect OC2A
  // COM2B = 00: disconnect OC2B; to send signal set to 10: OC2B non-inverted
  // WGM2 = 101: phase-correct PWM with OCRA as top
  // CS2 = 000: no prescaling
  TCCR2A = _BV(WGM20);
  TCCR2B = _BV(WGM22) | _BV(CS20);

I changed TCCR2A to TCCR0A and TCCR2B to TCCR0B

// The top value for the timer.  The modulation frequency will be SYSCLOCK / 2 / OCR2A.
  OCR2A = SYSCLOCK / 2 / khz / 1000;
  OCR2B = OCR2A / 3; // 33% duty cycle

I changed both 'OCR2A's to OCR0A and OCR2B to OCR0B

// setup pulse clock timer interrupt
  TCCR2A = 0;  // normal mode

I changed TCCR2A to TCCR0A

//Prescale /8 (16M/8 = 0.5 microseconds per tick)
  // Therefore, the timer interval can range from 0.5 to 128 microseconds
  // depending on the reset value (255 to 0)
  cbi(TCCR2B,CS22);
  sbi(TCCR2B,CS21);
  cbi(TCCR2B,CS20);

I changed only the 'TCCR2B's to TCCR0B

//Timer2 Overflow Interrupt Enable
  sbi(TIMSK2,TOIE2);

RESET_TIMER2;

I changed TIMSK2 to TIMSK0 and RESET_TIMER2 to RESET_TIMER0

ISR(TIMER2_OVF_vect)
{
  RESET_TIMER2;

I changed both 'TIMER2's to TIMER0

After doing all of this I Attempted to compile for the attiny85 and got this error:

/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::mark(int)':
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:172:13: error: 'COM2B1' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::space(int)':
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:180:15: error: 'COM2B1' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:198:3: error: 'TIMSK0' was not declared in this scope
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In function 'void __vector_5()':
/home/will/sketchbook/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:266:3: error: 'RESET_TIMER0' was not declared in this scope

ubiyubix

I ported the IR receive and decode part of Ken Shirriff's IR library to the attiny4313. I also successfully tested this on an attiny85. There is a short write-up and the link to the code here http://ubiyubix.wordpress.com/2012/05/05/porting-the-arduino-irremote-library-to-the-attiny4313/

Jsut210

I am trying to do the same project, however I need to use both irsend and irreceive...I've tried changing to timer0 and timer1 to no avail. Any ideas?  I am using the Arduino as an ISP with an attiny85

flying4fun

I looked at porting Ken's IR library, but it looks like it uses two timers on the 328p.  On the attiny 45/85 I don't see the same amount of timers.  Perhaps that is why ubiyubix only is using IR receive and decode.

alex27riva

is there a porting of the Ir Remote for ATtiny85?
I need to decode commands with encoding rc5.
Arduino UNO starter kit.

Moe Howard 2000

is there a porting of the Ir Remote for ATtiny85?
I need to decode commands with encoding rc5.

Take a look at ubiyubix's post which is about 4 posts up.

Go Up