Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: CP2102 and breadboard arduino  (Read 1181 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I recently bought an USB to Serial adapter so i can send my sketches to atmega328, and has DTR pin available... so i dont need to manually reset the atmega chip

this is the pin layout

what i would like to know is:
if i have a breadboard arduino that is receiving power via external source that goes through the 7085 voltage regulator ... like this:

in order to use the adapter to send sketches to atmega328 do i still have to connect the +5v of the adapter to atmega's VCC ?! Or that would be only if i wanted to power the arduino via USB ?

Thanks

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Connect CP2102 Vcc in place of 7805 output if you want to power the arduino via USB.
Make sure to connect ground up no matter what.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Thank you very much smiley

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Actually i have one more question...
how could i implement a switch (manually or automatic ) so i could chose whether to use power from usb or external battery?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:01:25 pm by Carlcox89 » Logged

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Get a singlepole, double throw switch.
Connec the 2 power sources to the NC and NO contacts, and the Common to the 5V rail.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: