Go Down

Topic: CP2102 and breadboard arduino (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Carlcox89

I recently bought an USB to Serial adapter so i can send my sketches to atmega328, and has DTR pin available... so i dont need to manually reset the atmega chip

this is the pin layout

what i would like to know is:
if i have a breadboard arduino that is receiving power via external source that goes through the 7085 voltage regulator ... like this:

in order to use the adapter to send sketches to atmega328 do i still have to connect the +5v of the adapter to atmega's VCC ?! Or that would be only if i wanted to power the arduino via USB ?

Thanks

CrossRoads

Connect CP2102 Vcc in place of 7805 output if you want to power the arduino via USB.
Make sure to connect ground up no matter what.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Carlcox89

Carlcox89

Feb 10, 2012, 07:52 pm Last Edit: Feb 10, 2012, 08:01 pm by Carlcox89 Reason: 1
Actually i have one more question...
how could i implement a switch (manually or automatic ) so i could chose whether to use power from usb or external battery?

CrossRoads

Get a singlepole, double throw switch.
Connec the 2 power sources to the NC and NO contacts, and the Common to the 5V rail.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up