Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 24 Hour Clock + LCD 16x2 + RTC Module  (Read 1372 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello there!
Im alittle new here cause i just my arduino duemilanove and this is my first attempt to install a code to it
its not my code but found it on the web: http://arduinotronics.blogspot.com/2010/10/ds1307-real-time-clock-working.html

Hardware:
- Arduino Duemilanove
- RTC clock module (Sparkfun)
- 16x2 LCD Display
(Exactly like the webpage)

So im trying to install this code but when im trying to verify it then it is telling me its wrong. so im here to get some help with my code.

Code:
_24_Hour_Clock.cpp: In function 'void setDateDs1307(byte, byte, byte, byte, byte, byte, byte)':
_24_Hour_Clock:60: error: call of overloaded 'write(int)' is ambiguous
C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\arduino-1.0\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:55: note: candidates are: virtual size_t TwoWire::write(uint8_t)
C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:49: note:                 size_t Print::write(const char*)
_24_Hour_Clock.cpp: In function 'void getDateDs1307(byte*, byte*, byte*, byte*, byte*, byte*, byte*)':
_24_Hour_Clock:82: error: call of overloaded 'write(int)' is ambiguous
C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\arduino-1.0\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:55: note: candidates are: virtual size_t TwoWire::write(uint8_t)
C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:49: note:                 size_t Print::write(const char*)

This is the "Warning" / "Error"

Does anyone know how i can make it work or help me to the correct direction ?

Thanks in Advance

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Have you tried to compile the code with 0.22 (pre 1.0) . There are some breaking changes between pre1.0 and 1.0 that could be the cause.

(testing)
0.22 compiles
1.0 doesn't.

qed.

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

I agree with Rob. Use arduino 0022. The arduino software has just recently been upgraded to 1.0 Lots of libraries that people wrote stopped working. Some of them have upgraded their libraries but not everyone.

BTW, I suggest you post this type of questions in programming or project guidance boards. You get more exposure with the right board.

View Profile

Thanks Guys !
it worked with the v.0022 smiley

and i will post there insted next time smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: