Go Down

Topic: New Curriculum @ Cal State Long Beach (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

David Cuartielles

guys please, don't loose track in this forum-topic ;-)

we are suppossed to be creating an educational guide here :-)

let's move on

/d

Terry King

Been a while..  

I am actively working on courseware for use in a K-12 school at a big new University in Saudi Arabia (KAUST).

Anyone active in this subject??  There are some good starts here, and a good overall organization..

Regards, Terry King  ..On the Red Sea at KAUST
Regards, Terry King  ..On the Red Sea at KAUST.edu.sa
terry@yourduino.com  LEARN! DO! (Arduino Boards, Sensors, Parts @ http://yourduino.com

mudandmayhem

What about adding curriculum that can be used in other areas of science?  Arduino projects that relate to biology or chemistry?  

• Students make their own probeware to measure temperature and light.
  • Physics students create their own timing software and photon timing gates to measure speeds.  
  • Chemistry students add an arduino to a coffee maker to experiment with the effects of temperature on the taste of coffee.

I teach science at a small 9-12 school in Minnesota, USA.  This quarter I started a physical computing class with the Arduino and my students are picking up the basics very quickly.  I would love to make arduino projects and tinkering part of each class I teach.

I would love to hear any other ideas on how the arduino can be used in the other core areas of science.
thanks

Go Up