Go Down

Topic: 16x2 LCD driven by Pro mini (Read 55 times) previous topic - next topic

iduino

Nov 22, 2014, 10:12 am Last Edit: Nov 22, 2014, 10:13 am by iduino
Hi All,

I am going to put a 16x2 LCD inside a DIY home appliance. The appliance has a 1000VA transformer inside it so there will be some heat generated as well(50-55 degrees Celcius max). I need the LCD module+pro mini to be extremely reliable as I might sell a few of these.

1) Besides LCD and Pro Mini do I need anything else. I mean resistors or capacitors to make sure the duo works within safe limits?
2) There are plenty of options on web to buy pro mini and LCD from? Any suggestions about where to buy these from a quality point of view.
3) Should I use a separate Fan for the pro mini?
4) Is there an alternate programmable arduino board(low cost) that I can use in place of Pro Mini? Space is not a constraint for me as there's lot of room inside the appliance.

Thanks for the time.

Cheers,
Iduino

Paul__B

• You haven't mentioned the critical thing - what you are going to use to power the Arduino and display?
  • I am not going to be held responsible for their reliability, but I think "Alice" AKA "TxHang" seems to be a good supplier.  Or G&C (not quite as cheap).
  • I would do some testing to see what temperature the displays can tolerate before going black.  Not sure about a separate fan, but you may choose to fan cool the whole unit.
  • I should be very surprised if you would find a cheaper ready-built assembly than a Pro Mini.

floresta

I am going to put a 16x2 LCD inside a DIY home appliance.
Can we assume that you got it running?  -->  http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=280193.msg1968556#msg1968556

Don

Go Up