Go Down

Topic: 3.5" TFT LCD shield for Arduino Mega (Read 77 times) previous topic - next topic

pzepher

Hello,
I am new to this forum and new to Arduino.
I make a small P.I.D. heating devise that I had recently made into a touchscreen model using an Arduino Mega and a 3.5" TFT LCD shield (ili9481)for use as a prototype. I had the code written by a reputable programmer however, the driver chip changed on the screens that were ordered and the program will not function properly. I am now unable to purchase the (ili9481) screen but now (ili9488) is the screen available. Is this something that can be fixed easily?
I am new to coding but very interested and have recently began to learn as a total noob and currently our development of this is at a stop and any help would be greatly appreciated.
I apologize if this or a similar topic has already been addressed.
Thank for your time. 

david_prentice

Post a link to the actual shield that you have bought.  e.g. the Ebay sale item.

Ebay and AliExpress vendors are very mendacious.
Even when you have located the sale,  you should compare every photo with the shield on your desk.
Please describe the differences,  errors, ...

There are quite a few technical differences between an ILI9481 and an ILI9488.
This should not worry you.   You just change the constructor() and the library looks after the details.

David.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy