Go Down

Topic: U8glib: Graphics Lib for LCDs and OLEDs (Read 58630 times) previous topic - next topic

olikraus

to my understanding your pic seems to be correct (according page 20 of the st7687 datasheet).
I will create also a 8bit interface,

Oliver

rotceh_dnih

:) thanks man i replyed to your email address
Cod modder/mapper

rdeweerd

Thanx for the great lib! it works great with my DFRobot ST7920 128X64 display.

I've got one question. I use software SPI on pins 9 and 8, but it looks like that it interferes with my hardware SPI which I want to use to communicate with a DS3234 RTC.

olikraus

Good to know, that the DFRobot display is fine with the lib. Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the RTC: What is the problem: Display does not work, RTC does not work, both do not work?
Maybe you can post the setup code for your display and your RTC: What are the involved pin numbers for both devices?

Oliver

bperrybap

Can't both use the hardware spi if you use separate pins for the slave selects?

rdeweerd

I must have been verry sleepy yesterday evening because it works now!

But for the others how to connect the DFRobot to the ARduino:

This is my innitialization string:

U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64 u8g(9, 8, 3, U8G_PIN_NONE); // SPI Com: SCK = en = 9, MOSI = rw = 8, CS = di = 3

And this is how I connected it:
Arduino pin = function = DFRobot pin
Pin 9 = SCK = e 
Pin 8 = MOSI = rw
Pin 3 = CS = rs

olikraus

Thanks for the information.

Oliver

olikraus

Release v1.02 is available vor download.

* Support for LC7981 controller
* drawCircle, drawDisc
* Ported "little rook chess", a full playable chess engine with graphical user interface

Oliver

NeOCzx

hi and good day..

thx for the wonderful library, works great on my DS-LCD-TG12864E (ST7920 controller) in spi mode. (R/W = MOSI, E= CLK , PSB =LOW, RS=HIGH)
speed is quite ok in spi, gotta try the parallel mode soon. the liquid crystal itself may be limiter.

Hmm..is possible can u make point to point drawline (x1,y1,x2,y2) available? :D

thx again :)

olikraus

Hi

Thanks for the feedback.
I will add a drawLine procedure with the next release.

Oliver

NeOCzx

Thx for the feedback, looking forward for it :)

in progress in porting the GLCD lib into u8glib now. :3

it is any procedure is equivalence to GLCD.ClearScreen for u8glib?

now using drawBox procedures for clearing screen :P

olikraus

Hi NeOCzx

There are some imporant differences between GLCD v3 and U8glib. While porting is for sure possible, there are some restrictions on U8glib, which are not present for GLCD lib. GLCD and U8glib have two completly different programming concepts. It might require much more than just replacing the drawing primitives.

I suggest reading the article here, before porting:
http://code.google.com/p/u8glib/wiki/tpictureloop

Also, Bill's library is highly optimized and much faster than U8glib. On the other hand, U8glib should be more flexible regarding the graphics hardware.

One result of the different concepts is that there is no clear screen available in U8glib. The screen is cleared as soon as you enter the "picture loop".

Oliver

NeOCzx

thx for the claraficatiion  & tips olikraus :D

if it doesnt work out well maybe i will as well try to use 2 LCD display with different library on a same arduino board. it is possible to be done or someone here had done it before?

just curious :)

olikraus

It should be possible to use more than one display, but i never tried.
Oliver

olikraus

Hi

Release v1.03 is available for download. It includes the requested drawLine procedure.
http://code.google.com/p/u8glib/downloads/list

Oliver

Go Up