Go Down

Topic: U8glib: Graphics Lib for LCDs and OLEDs (Read 54 times) previous topic - next topic

koyaanisqatsi

Cool, thanks!  I'll see if I can get anywhere with this.  I have little knowledge of how fonts work, so this may be more than I have patience to do.  ;)

U8glib is a really nice library, BTW - pretty easy to use and modify.  I was a little intimidated at first, but dug into the files and figured out how to create a new constructor.  I have two other LCDs I've pulled out of old equipment that I'm going to try and get working.  One is a little  5 x 2 character out of a Dell server (it's the little status/diag LCD).  I haven't figured out what chip is on it yet.  The other came from a Quantum tape library and I believe is a ST7565 128 x 64 chip-on-glass type.  Both have ribbon cables so I need to get breakout boards to use them.

Anyway, thanks for your help and the LCD library!
What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper?

GeorgeG

Thank you Oliver for your wonderfull work!

I tested the DFRobot st7920 witch has an spi module attatched to take care of contrast etc. and it works fine in arduino environment.
I would like to use it in pure C but the constructor requires an A0 connection,while the arduino library does not.

How could i resolve  this?

Thanks again!

olikraus

Hi

The st7920 does not require an A0 line. Instead it has a very special low level protocol. Unfortunately i have not yet ported the Arduino version of the low level driver: http://code.google.com/p/u8glib/source/browse/csrc/u8g_com_arduino_st7920_spi.c

I have put this as  issue 85 on the u8glib issue list.

Thanks, Oliver

GeorgeG

Thanks for the reply..
Ill will use the arduino library then,no problem!

olikraus

Aug 15, 2012, 12:57 pm Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012, 01:07 pm by olikraus Reason: 1
Hi

I have added support for the st7920 with avr to u8glib:

The test environment includes my NHD 192x32 display with ST7920 controller (upper right, the bright light from upper left makes the contrast a little bit weak). Lower left is an unused EA 132x32 display. Lower right the ATMEGA 328 with green power LED. Upper left the AVR programmer.

A beta release with support for st7920 for avr is avilable on request.

Oliver

Go Up