Go Down

Topic: still waking up from general anesthesia (IV) from oral surgery (Read 212 times) previous topic - next topic

travis_farmer

had some broken teeth removed, now i just have to keep my mind active to stay awake. never had IV anesthesia before.

I kind of remember feeling groggy when they put the IV in, then a little stronger, and then............ i wake up, and am being lead to the recovery room. my eyes still feel heavy, even now.

~Travis
Currently trying to build a DIY CNC machine.

Qdeathstar

travis_farmer

i do, but i have very weak enamel, so i have always had problems. I even use mouthwash twice a day.
But i still get bad spots. then i was quite a while without dental insurance, so the bad spots got really bad.

~Travis

LarryD

You could have saved money and used a CNC machine on them.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

travis_farmer

You could have saved money and used a CNC machine on them.

they were surgically extracted. without the IV anesthesia, i don't think i would have handled it well. though i wish i had better tooth enamel, cause that was about $1200, and now i have to save more for a denture plate, top and bottom.  :o

~Travis

travis_farmer

LarryD

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

travis_farmer

does it come in cinnamon flavor? (just checked, all mint...) i may try it, on what i have left ;)

~Travis

Boardburner2

had some broken teeth removed, now i just have to keep my mind active to stay awake. never had IV anesthesia before.

I kind of remember feeling groggy when they put the IV in, then a little stronger, and then............ i wake up, and am being lead to the recovery room. my eyes still feel heavy, even now.

~Travis
I had this very recently.

Much different to when i was young.
Then it took me over a day to recover with no water for 8 hours.And a thumping headache.
This time i was wide awake and drinking a cup of tea within 1/2 hour.

Did they say what you received.

travis_farmer

I had this very recently.

Much different to when i was young.
Then it took me over a day to recover with no water for 8 hours.And a thumping headache.
This time i was wide awake and drinking a cup of tea within 1/2 hour.

Did they say what you received.
i received several bleeding holes and stitches in my gums ;)

But other than that, they may have stated it in the video after, while i was in the recovery room. but i don't remember any of that. fortunately the post-op paper tells me what i can and can't have/do. i think the video was mainly just to get you to focus on something to help the mystery drug wear off.

~Travis

Boardburner2

i think the video was mainly just to get you to focus on something to help the mystery drug wear off.

~Travis
No video.
Pamphlet beforehand saying no driving or signing legal documents for two days.
Others were allowed home an hour later provided they were accompanied by a competent adult.
Previous experiences were sometimes similar to yours.
I felt fine within 1/2 hour , My biggest fear was the anesthesia having had bad experiences before.

travis_farmer

No video.
Pamphlet beforehand saying no driving or signing legal documents for two days.
Others were allowed home an hour later provided they were accompanied by a competent adult.
Previous experiences were sometimes similar to yours.
I felt fine within 1/2 hour , My biggest fear was the anesthesia having had bad experiences before.
i was allowed home, but i had to have someone there with me all day to monitor me. obviously i couldn't drive (heck, walking was interesting for a while).

~Travis

Go Up