Go Down

Topic: Manned Mars Mission Mandated. (Read 102 times) previous topic - next topic

GoForSmoke

Science World Report

Congress Mandates Manned Mars Mission: NASA Gets $19.5 Billion Boost
Congress has reportedly made a solid commitment to NASA's dream of sending a manned mission to Mars, by passing a bipartisan bill that authorizes a $19.5 billion budget for the American space agency. However, according to the mandate, NASA has to send a crew within the next 25 years and not later.

The new bill cannot be waived by the next US President, a move which is being seen as a step from blocking the new POTUS from upheaving the US space program. "We have seen in the past the importance of predictability and stability in NASA and space exploration, (and) that whenever one has a change in administration, we have seen the chaos that can be caused by the cancellation of major programs," said Senator Ted Cruz. "The impact in terms of jobs lost, the impact in terms of money wasted has been significant."
Nick Gammon on multitasking Arduinos:
1) http://gammon.com.au/blink
2) http://gammon.com.au/serial
3) http://gammon.com.au/interrupts

Qdeathstar

Sep 27, 2016, 02:04 am Last Edit: Sep 27, 2016, 02:06 am by Qdeathstar
19billion doesn't sound like enough for government work, and it was done at the end of this president's term, which means the next president will want to put his/her stink on it, regardless of what the say now. I mean, sure this 19 billion cant ge renigged on, but if the next president ends up tight with the funding where do you think NASA is going to look to make up for the shortfall.

I'd rather they give the 19 billion as a reward to the first private company to do it, personally.

INTP

Graynomad

That "Mars Direct" option might have a change with $19bn.
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Robin2

Sep 27, 2016, 10:12 am Last Edit: Sep 27, 2016, 10:13 am by Robin2
said Senator Ted Cruz. "The impact in terms of jobs lost, the impact in terms of money wasted has been significant."
$19.5 billion here and $19.5 billion there and soon you are talking about serious waste :)

What the ***k would it matter to humankind if there was no more space exploration period.

How many starving 3rd world infants would $19.5 billion feed?

How many poorly educated and poorly housed US citizens would it help?

How many space equipment providers will it make rich richer?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Graynomad

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Qdeathstar

sorry robin. but if someone who lives next the ocean doesn't learn to swim, no amount of money is going to help....

and, why should America pay for babies in third would countries. Birth control, maybe...

space exploration is actually responsible for a lot of life saving technology here on earth... what an unfortunate short sided post.

Ballscrewbob

@ Qdeathstar

You are wasting your breath...
If I went with my wallet I wouldn't be here, I would be in the bar ogling women and having a beer.
If I went with my head I wouldn't be in the bar, i would be home in bed with the blonde, HA HA HA.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy