Go Down

Topic: Your latest purchase (Read 115 times) previous topic - next topic

BenF

That's nice, I thought, my signal generator is correct ...

I was impressed by your frequency meter with three decimals precision. Putting it to test and finding it is less precise than expected kind of ruins your day.   :smiley-slim:

The saying, "A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never sure." seems to apply here as well.

Nick Gammon

Well that clearly demonstrate the difference between precision and accuracy.

retrolefty

Well that clearly demonstrate the difference between precision and accuracy.

I spent a career with instrumentation. Accuracy is one of the most misunderstood, misused, and abused word in the world of electronics. Never trust a salesman or his spec sheets. Never accept an accuracy figure or specification without knowing and asking a whole lot of questions about how they are arriving at their specification and under what conditions.

It's a very interesting field, measurements and standards, but far from as simple as one might first think.

Lefty

winner10920

I got a 1m blue led strip for 1$ free shipping off ebay, buyitnow price 10$ XD
Waiting g for the day I get that 5m rgb strip with ir control for 1$ instead of 20

cr0sh

Oh yes, and this came in the parcel, strangely enough:

A small bear and a 7805 voltage regulator.

Was it a chinese supplier? They almost always seem to throw in wacky "extras"... ;)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Go Up