Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 66   Go Down
Author Topic: Your latest purchase  (Read 99328 times)
SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Canon a3000 to run chdk...
Pink pogo plug.  Will it talk to an Arduino?

Celtic Kingdom
hard oui no!!!
View Profile

A Lada Niva, to charge a big dry batt driving by an Arduino.

Note; the Niva will be drive by me 'cause it's too simple for Ardiuno...

Edison Member
View Profile

What's a lady niva?

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

I didn't want to ask that, to be honest ...

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Looks like its a car:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lada_Niva

You know, a russian "Lada" - one of the biggest POS cars this side of a Yugo; to be honest, I don't really know that for sure; in fact, I would say that every car has a bad reputation, and just the other week I saw a nice Yugo putting down the street - shocked me to see it, TBH - but no smoke, no strange noises, and it looked to be in great condition.

Lada's are probably the same. They just likely have a "bad reputation" because they are a mass-production on-the-cheap get-me-from-point-a-to-b kind of car. Nothing to impress people with, just does the job. You know - what a sane person drives (instead of something to impress others with for one reason or another).

Then again, they might really be POS...

smiley-grin

EDIT: Hmm - looking at the wiki article again, it looks like this Lada is a better vehicle than your "standard" Lada - off road capability, 4WD - heck, now I want one (that and a Unimog); it looks to be quite fun! smiley
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:47:39 am by cr0sh » Logged

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Netherlands
(:-)
View Profile

A Lada Niva is a no frills 4x4 as you found out. Very low tech but they can be a lot of fun.
And Mercede Unimog that's a whole different league, I think they are the best "off the shelf" offroad vehicle available. I want one as well since I was a kid.

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

THIS is a no-frills 4x4...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_BRAT

That Lada Niva is a Cadillac by comparison.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Transformers the complete series. Got a deal on this $99 series:

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Transformers-More-Than-Meets-Eye-Comp-Series/e/826663125368?r=1&cm_mmca2=pla&cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-DVD-_-Q000000633-_-826663125368

$49 smiley

* transformers DVDs.jpg (227.27 KB, 800x600 - viewed 7 times.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:54:36 pm by liudr » Logged

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Howdja pull that off?! Nice set, though! I want that kind of deal on the GI Joe complete set (at $150.00, I can't see myself spending that kind of money on cartoons from my youth)...

smiley-grin

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

"The old Europe"
Edison Member
Bootloaders suck!
View Profile

1 full reel (5000 pcs) of 1k 0603 resistors - ebay of course. I don't know if I will use all of them during my lifetime, but it was almost cheaper than getting 100 pcs locally.

Speaking of ebay and electronic components...

The same seller also has 100nF ceramic capacitors of the kind I use in my projects, only the date-code on the reel is something like 1993. I figured that old age doesn't matter with resistors, but what about ceramic caps? I certainly wouldn't buy electrolytic caps that are from the last century.

• Upload doesn't work? Do a loop-back test.
• There's absolutely NO excuse for not having an ISP!
• Your AVR needs a brain surgery? Use the online FUSE calculator.
My projects: RGB LED matrix, RGB LED ring, various ATtiny gadgets...
• Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is NO!

field road, jupiter creek
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I've upgraded my Canon IXUS 75, (sniff, damaged the CCD!) to a Canon PowerShot SX150 IS, AUS$208 @Dick Smith.
Got CHDK up and running, shot this last night.

HD Movie mode is pretty damn good!

As for the Lada Niva, OMFG!

I'll scan some photo's of what was left of the gearbox, transfer case of a Niva I had to rebuild.
What a POS, right up there with Zetor tractors!
From a country where every thing looks like it was made in the "Glorious Red Tractor Factor" it was all so flimsy.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Howdja pull that off?! Nice set, though! I want that kind of deal on the GI Joe complete set (at $150.00, I can't see myself spending that kind of money on cartoons from my youth)...

smiley-grin

Just a stroke of luck. I have had a BN $50 gift card since about 6 months ago, thanks to arduino (I was awarded best demonstration for a teaching apparatus I made with arduino). I've been trying to spend it for the past months with no luck. Nothing BN sells was worth my money. And last week I received a BN email as usual and it says select DVDs at up to 50% off. It didn't click but just a few days ago I realized I should look at their DVDs, and transformers were on sale at $49 and that was the last day of the sale. So I combined it with another BN gift card, which I got from entertaining 100 kids with physics for a whole day. Bingo! The sale is over now and I'm so happy to see the price back up again  smiley-wink

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

OCXO 131: 10 MHz frequency standard, as recommended by retrolefty:

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

for once in like 3 years goodwill did not suck

I got a darn near new dell keyboard for the wife (though worth a buck I paid 3) and a 40 gig tivo, which I am in the process of tossing 500 or more gigs into, slapping debian on, and using it as a NAS

so for 10 bucks overall not bad ... worst case I can use the disk out of the tivo in my bench machine which is only running a ata33 20 gig laptop drive ATM

Boston Suburbs
God Member
I am above your silly so-called "Laws", Mister Ohm.
View Profile

Hey, I have no experience with them, but this looks like a dang good deal.. Looks like the one I ordered, I would assume they are basically the same...  USB ISP programmer for four bucks shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USBASP-USBISP-AVR-Programmer-USB-ATMEGA8-ATMEGA128-New-/370532286436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564571ffe4#ht_3747wt_689

Here's something else interesting, worth the price for wall wart and parts.. I got a couple... Two VOIP routers for a buck, delivered...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260962981308?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_689

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:04:33 pm by focalist » Logged

When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 66   Go Up
Jump to: