Go Down

Topic: query about distance measuring (Read 204 times) previous topic - next topic

prateekb

i am working on a new project in which i require to make an obstacle detector.i want to use lasers as they are more accurate than ultrasonic sensors. can someone suggest the sensors to be used and idea about programming.

also want to use this to sense distance.

help is appreciated.

polymorph

Steve Greenfield AE7HD
Drawing Schematics: tinyurl.com/23mo9pf - tinyurl.com/o97ysyx - tinyurl.com/q7uqnvn
Multitasking: forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=223286.0
gammon.com.au/blink - gammon.com.au/serial - gammon.com.au/interrupts

polymorph

Are you saying meters, or milliseconds?

You don't use an "s" for plural when using just the letter for meters. So you would write "10 meters" or "10m", not "10ms".
Steve Greenfield AE7HD
Drawing Schematics: tinyurl.com/23mo9pf - tinyurl.com/o97ysyx - tinyurl.com/q7uqnvn

polymorph

Nov 03, 2016, 05:19 pm Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016, 05:22 pm by polymorph
Check out this thread:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=433022.0

5cm to 70m measurement range.
Steve Greenfield AE7HD

prateekb

can you suggest how can i detect potholes using laser range finder.currently i am using ultrasonic sensor but when used diagonally ,it gives error .can you suggest something.

And thank you for the grammer.appreciated

CrossRoads

Detect potholes while going how fast?

Presumably, you wish to detect them before hitting them?
Do you care how wide they are?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

Or is it more of a "Lookout!"  pause - Bang!
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Boardburner2

Nov 03, 2016, 08:44 pm Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016, 08:45 pm by Boardburner2

prateekb

normal walking speed.

not necessarily know how wide they are but detect them at least a meter or so before.can you suggest any sensor or any technique to do so using genuino uno. more of a lookout

CrossRoads

I think this might work ok
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14032
Mount it head-high looking forward some (you'll have to experiment to find the angle that gives the best results), continuously measure the distance, could pick up 1" deep potholes.
Might want it gyroscopically stabilized to counter act your walking motions.

prateekb

i need more of a budget friendly options plus sparkfun is not operational in india . anything???

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy