Go Down

Topic: Balancing unicycle help (Read 2126 times) previous topic - next topic

markB

Thanks Lefty

I have fallen into it before so should have known.

Hopefully he has a means to NOT remove the deadmans switch now.

Mark

fish_man

Thanks for that . I have a couple of things to try now, The original programmer has offered up a different solution for me to try as well.

Hopefully I should be able to add it back in.

Yes despite advice I commented it out and have managed to get it to balance , Link to video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI92G1iB9z4&feature=g-upl&context=G2bba8ffAUAAAAAAABAA for anyone who is interested.

Now I just need to cure the shudder/juddering.

fish_man

Here is a good one I can't get my head round.

As I was testing it earlier it was doing exactly what it was in the video ... and then suddenly .. it was working perfectly, smooth, no noise, no juddering, no jerking. I even jumped on and had a quick try .... it was perfect !!

Anyway after some "diagnostic's" ( sounds weird to diagnose why something is working perfectly doesn't it) I found the battery was low .. and sure enough as soon as I connected up another battery I wasn't able to replicate it working well.

So I figure reducing the gains should solve it ... I've tried it before but I figure what the hell try again I may have made a mistake last time .. so I reduce all the gains WAAAAY down and it makes no difference to the unicycle except making it feel mushy and unresponsive , The shuddering and jerking is still there.

So I'm lost now.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy