Go Down

Topic: SD SPI MISO sharing issue (Read 106 times) previous topic - next topic

I have been able to get my SD card working just fine with an Arduino Uno. I also have a 165 shift register which works just fine. When I use both at the same time, the SD card is no longer recognizable.

I have  tried numerous things, but just cannot get this solved. If I remove the 165 shift register MISO connection,  and nothing else, then the SD card works just fine.

Has anyone run into this problem before?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I buffer MISO coming from SD cards for just that reason. Use 1 gate of a 74HC125, brings it up to 5V level as well. Control OE of the gate with the SD's chip select pin.
The 74HC165 does not have an OE/, be sure to use a 74HC125 gate there also like a chip select line.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Thanks for that! 

Too bad I wasted 3 hours trying everything I could think of and find online to solve it before asking the question.  I did learn a few things anyhow...

Looks like the 74HC589 has an active-low Output Enable.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

Thanks as well. Good to know.

I've tried it using straight buttons to pins (with a resistor pull up and a cap to debounce).  Works fine, but now the memory issues are apparent. I have to remove most of the non MP3 code to get the menus and MP3 to work.  The MP3 seems to be a serious memory hog.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131