Go Down

Topic: Analog inputs - Display (Read 77 times) previous topic - next topic

First of all i want to say how enthusiastic  :)   :)  i am that i discovered Arduino :)
I am a new user... older guy (35+) with no previous experience in coding... but hope to learn :)

I know that the Arduino Uno has 6 analogue inputs with 5v maximum  but has only one ADC 

My Question has to do   with  ''if it can be done'' and not ''how can be done ..'' yet  :smiley-confuse:

Lets say that i want to measure  4 analogue sensors   and display them to a Tft display.

Can the Uno display them at the same time (4 analog readings)   ?

Even i don't know coding .. i suppose that it can be done by setting some variables so every some m/s the ADC reads the one pin and then the other etc   and transfer the readings to the display.

Or this cant be done, so i have to display only one reading every time by pressing a button or something like that?

i have seen and some expansions like the ''16 Bit I2C ADS1115 Module ADC 4 channel with Pro Gain Amplifier''  that i supposed can be used for that purpose  ..

thanks in advance  :)

You swich pins and read them in a roll. It be fast enough

Welcome to the forum.
older guy (35+)
Many gurus here are almost twice that age...

Arduino reads the analogue inputs one after each other very fast (for a human), and stores the values.
So you could say that all the values are there "at the same time".

To get a better understanding, you could start with the examples that come with the IDE.
Blink a LED, connect a pot and change the brightness of a LED with PWM, etc.
You soon will discover that basic programming is not that hard.

wow !! so fast response :)

thanks  :)

until know i played only with ready code i found...  (some irfd examples )

but hope to learn more... 

Thanks again for the help :) - responses

older guy (35+)
I have a son your age.  :)

Well, I've got to get in here on the age thing.  73, been playing with electronics from the 1950's, and took my first programming course in 1962.   Was chief scientist of two companies, and I still love the design and implementation process.  Watching the explosion of technology that followed the transistor has been a great fascination.  And at my age, I even have a goodly batch of transistors in my chest to assure that I don't have to leave yet.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131