UK Maker Faire 2010

Just got this announcement:-
We're delighted to confirm we've secured sponsorship to run another Faire to coincide with Newcastle Science Fest next March. The dates have been confirmed for the weekend of 13th and 14th March which will coincide with the opening weekend of the ten day Science Festival.
If you know of other Makers that were not involved in this year's Faire but who may want to submit a proposal, please point them to the sign-up page here http://oreillymedia.co.uk:2474/makersinitialform.asp

I intend to go like last year. :slight_smile:

I'm so trying to be there :smiley:

I intend to go like last year.

Did you have your own space last year or were you just visiting?

It'll be brilliant. I have to say that i'm a bit disappointed by the lack of electronic and computer related things like this in the UK.

I don't really want to have to travel to the US for things although I would have liked to have gone to CES. Maybe another year.

Mowcius

Did you have your own space last year

Yes I did. :slight_smile: I was trying to form a North England Arduino Group but nothing much got off the ground.

http://www.vimeo.com/3754860 is the video I made of it.
Maker Fair in 3D | Flickr for a set of 3D photos I took.

This year they say they are going to move us out of the tent and inside where they had the robot wars event.

Yes I did. Smiley I was trying to form a North England Arduino Group but nothing much got off the ground.

http://www.vimeo.com/3754860 is the video I made of it.
Maker Fair in 3D | Flickr for a set of 3D photos I took.

This year they say they are going to move us out of the tent and inside where they had the robot wars event.

Brilliant, loving the 3d photos, shame my green and red filters don't work quite as well as 3d glasses!

Loving the pile of TV-B-Gone's

I will try to come see you in march if I can get there... :wink:

Mowcius

I'm planning on going and I know a few of the guys from the Parallax Propeller forums are going as well.

I'll definitely try and make it again. Thoroughly enjoyed it last year.

Looks like I'll be spending two weekends running in Newcastle as there is a BarCamp event the very next weekend. I should probably get a move on and finish the project I'm working on.

TonyD: That would be good. Last year it seemed as though every other stall was involved in Arduino in some way. It would be good to add to the mix. :slight_smile:

Just got an email from the organisers to say they have extended the deadline for submitting proposals from potential exhibitors until the 18th December.

So get your skates on if you want to show something. :wink:

Is there a maker faire in canada? my hubby would go nuts!

Well, I've sent in my proposal for the Maker Faire, and I'm waiting for the response. I included the Arduino this year!

@Anachrocomputer

Are you going to gives us a hint on what you going to bring this time? :wink:

Was it your Compukit 101 at the show last year?

Newcastle, UK

Me thinks that you are too lucky...

Newcastle, UK

Me thinks that you are too lucky...

Hmmm, never really thought of myself as being lucky :wink:

Well only cos you are so close to the maker faire. I wouldn't want to live in newcastle otherwise :-/

Mowcius

I've sent them an email about participating with a booth and also getting RoboSavvy logo on their front page Smile

Can anyone who has been there last year shed some light about the effectiveness of having a booth there

shed some light about the effectiveness of having a booth there

Not sure what you mean about effectiveness, most people are showing stuff not selling it. Last year we had about 5,000 people thought the door in two days. It was good fun.

I wouldn't want to live in newcastle otherwise

It's a good place to live, I spent my under graduate years in that city, it holds some good memories.

good place to live, I spent my under graduate years in that city, it holds some good memories.

I suppose I am just too used to living a bit out of the way in the quiet areas.

Mowcius

Just bee emailed to say my exhibitors application has been successful so I will see you there.
Come along and have a moan at me :slight_smile:

Come along and have a moan at me

I will try to! :stuck_out_tongue:

...my exhibitors application has been successful so I will see you there.

Grumpy_Mike, what will you be exhibiting ?

...my exhibitors application has been successful so I will see you there.

My proposal has also been accepted, so I'll be there with Compukit UK101 and Arduino!