Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Please delete my account  (Read 2120 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Please delete my account.

Sorry I have to ask online but no one has the power to delete it.

North Queensland, Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

You have made 101 posts, I would not think that will happen. If you have contributed to conversations, removing your posts may break the flow for any future visitors reading the thread.

What you can do however is:
  *Change your profile details so nothing personal is left in it.
  *If you have the patience, delete each post individually.
  *Add a fake email address, change your password to something random, then even you may get locked out.

But my suggestion is to put your arduino on the shelf for a bit, then come back to the scene when you are ready. You obviously came here as this sort of thing interests you, don't let a little bit of frustrating code or errors stop a potential career/ hobby in something like this.

You just need to master the incredibly basic before venturing on.

Having a stable knowledge of the difference between variable types and sizes, arrays, and different function declarations, will help you a lot before even touching the micro controller.

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/lesson1.html
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~wjk/C++Intro/

Good luck if you do leave.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

You have made 101 posts, I would not think that will happen. If you have contributed to conversations, removing your posts may break the flow for any future visitors reading the thread.

Thank you but I know how to get them to delete my account.

I was in Radio Shack today and they didn't have an Arduinos.  I asked the worker if they had any manuals on programming Arduino and he was nervous and said the only manuals they had were the Forrest Mims books.  It proves my point and I'll tell you the story.

Some proud person here said they know how to program and all you have to do is teach yourself.  In other words, they've never taught anyone else and it hasn't caught on in Radio Shack and no one is going to learn because if a Radio Shack employee points people here, the users here are going to tell the newbie to teach themselves.  In other words, the average person isn't going to learn.

It is useless for the customer to come here because someone here will tell them to teach themselves because they are full of themselves.

Like I'm saying, I no longer agree with the rules of the board so if you want to ban me then do it but I'm going to press until my account is deleted.

God Member
View Profile

You can't just expect everybody to give you one-on-one lessons.

I bet plenty experienced people post about the stuff they do online somewhere somehow, those people who learn on their own probably learned by seeing the stuff other people post online.

A person who learns on their own probably think everybody else can do the same, you can't blame them because they are simply being modest.

Do anybody here actually like paper books anymore? I'd prefer digital material for ECE stuff, being able to copy code and actually manipulating design files are pretty significant advantages over paper. Paper is obsolete so don't expect books to be that popular.

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Freelance engineer, consultant, contractor. Graduated from UW in 2013.

Espoo, Finland
God Member
"Oops, try again..."
View Profile

...It proves my point and I'll tell you the story...

At this point I was excited to read something extraordinary, but the story never showed up, did I miss something?

Cheers,
Kari

The only law for me; Ohms Law: U=R*I       P=U*I
Note to self: "Damn! Why don't you just fix it!!!"

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Well, we moderators can ban you, but what's the point?
We don't have user deletion authority.
If a user doesn't want to do some experimenting and learning by going thru the examples here
http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HomePage

or by going thru books like this one
http://www.earthshineelectronics.com/files/ASKManualRev5.pdf

there's not much we can do for that user.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Leighton Buzzard, UK
Edison Member
View Profile

I have to say that lack of expertise from staff at radio shack is not a good reason to give up on Arduino smiley

there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

Most of your posts seem to be generic requests for help there is not anything specific.
You say you know Fortran and Basic, well C is very similar. The concepts are identical and the constructs are the same. The only change is the syntax. C does have deer defined data structures and pointers but those are advanced topics you can safely ignore to start off with.

I would suggest you get stuck in to a project, one from the learning section, and when you don't understand something then ask.

Edison Member
View Profile

What has changed your opinion of Arduino so much? [Here] you seem to be all for it.

There aren't many books because there really isn't much need. The entire Arduino reference is on the web as well as samples, tutorials and libraries. And that is just the Arduino site. The programming is c/c++ so you need c/c++ books to begin learning. If the programming is not your problem then calm down because the electronics side is hard for everybody. Its only with trial and error that many projects succeed.

I came here 4 months ago with only programming knowledge, now due to the Arduino site and other sources I have learnt an fair amount on digital electronics and the avr.

Please post some insight as to what your difficulty is. Also people may respond to some questions with little to no advice due to the fact a quick Google search may suffice.

Wellington, New Zealand
View Profile

If you're unable to to teach yourself then it would seem you're lacking in the basic ability to learn. Learning how to learn might be a positive step. http://www.macalester.edu/geology/wirth/learning.pdf

That said, someone may simply not have the brain wiring needed to learn how to program. For example, programming involves a lot of abstraction, and a lot of translation of terms and definitions onto symbols.  If someone is unable to deal with a mapping like "sketch" == "program" then I'm not sure how they'll deal with much deeper mappings and abstractions needed to write software.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

You can't just expect everybody to give you one-on-one lessons.

I never asked for one on one lessons.

What I'm going to do is change my email to something that doesn't exist and change the password to something I don't remember.  That will keep me from coming back because no one has the power to delete my account.

Edison Member
View Profile

K, you are only one click away from re-registering, nothing is really stopping you from coming back. Its like locking your keys outside of your car.

Espoo, Finland
God Member
"Oops, try again..."
View Profile

This sounds like my buddy who got angry to Microsoft, laptop flies extremely well from capable hands, but the landing...

Cheers,
Kari

The only law for me; Ohms Law: U=R*I       P=U*I
Note to self: "Damn! Why don't you just fix it!!!"

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

In other words, the average person isn't going to learn.
That average person has to want to learn.

I never asked for one on one lessons.
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,89924.msg674904.html#msg674904

Edit: Interesting, as a moderator, I can ban, but not delete, user accounts...except my own, which I'm apparently allowed to delete!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:23:15 am by AWOL » Logged

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

You are rude for making subterfuge about a discussion by merging it with a different discussion that has nothing to do with the issue.  I wasn't mad about that but I was mad about the rude user who compared himself to me.

Goodbye

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Jump to: