Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Custom hardware - pins_arduino.h: No such file or directory  (Read 9019 times)
SF Bay Area
Edison Member
Arduino Ninja
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Just a quick hint, didn't see this anywhere in the documentation or in the forums, so hope this helps.

Reference (20MHz core):
Code:
atmega328_20.build.mcu=atmega328p
atmega328_20.build.f_cpu=20000000L
atmega328_20.build.core=arduino:arduino
atmega328_20.build.variant=arduino:standard

When you have a piece of custom hardware in your <sketch folder>/hardware/<board type>/boards.txt, sometimes you just want to use an existing Arduino core. Documentation hints about the <board name>.build.core=<board type>:<core folder> format, but you also need to do the same thing for <board name>.build.variant=<board type>:<variant folder> to allow it to find the correct pins_arduino.h file.

Unique RGB LED Modules and Arduino shields: http://www.macetech.com/store

Denmark
View Profile

This should be added to this tutorial: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadboard

Took a while before I randomly found this post after not being able to get the breadboard without crystal section of that to work. With the variant line from the above post it works nicely.

View Profile

This post saved me a ton of time and trouble. Upgraded from arduino .22 to 1.01 and sketches were not compiling anymore with the somewhat cryptic line "pins_arduino.h: File not found". Added this variant line to my boards.txt file in the hardware folder and solved.  Thanks for posting.

CJH Innovations
View Profile

"Documentation hints about the <board name>.build.core=<board type>:<core folder> format, but ... "

What documentation? Can you give me a pointer to what you read? I still don't understand the structure.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: