Go Down

Topic: Anyone in Phoenix Arizona? (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

artjumble

Tuesdays is ok (as long as it isn't this Tuesday as I am in Santa Barbara right now).

I think 1 or 2 hours would be fine for a time frame. Other groups I have been part of have been 1 hour, but then a lot of people stick around longer.

As far as age, I think it should be open. I don't see any reason to block younger folks. A parent is probably a good idea at least to start with.

If Bookmans doesn't work out, what about a coffee shop? I know the coffee place by my house (unfortunately not centrally located) would be happy to have us. There is a group that meets there and call it 'Gangplank West'.

cr0sh

Tuesdays is ok (as long as it isn't this Tuesday as I am in Santa Barbara right now).

Highly unlikely to be this Tuesday, so you're ok there!

I think 1 or 2 hours would be fine for a time frame. Other groups I have been part of have been 1 hour, but then a lot of people stick around longer.

Ok - I'll keep this in mind as I work things out; perhaps for this first meeting, we'll keep it to an hour, and see where it goes from there. I think that will be fair for all parties involved.

As far as age, I think it should be open. I don't see any reason to block younger folks. A parent is probably a good idea at least to start with.

Ok - we'll do it that way then, unless I hear opposing argument from others (does anyone else have input?).

If Bookmans doesn't work out, what about a coffee shop? I know the coffee place by my house (unfortunately not centrally located) would be happy to have us.

Approximately where is this at? I don't consider Bookmans to be very central either, but it is better than Chandler. I just thought of it because I knew they had a meeting space. If I were going for a coffee house, I might go for Willow House (is it still there?) in central downtown PHX. I also know of a coffee house in old-town Glendale that might be a possibility. The thing I don't like about coffee houses or other businesses (like a Dennys) is the possibility of monopolizing a table/booth/area, as well as noise (both ambient and our own). I know in some groups I've been in, this has led to getting kicked out (but then again, that could've been the group dynamic, too).

There is a group that meets there and call it 'Gangplank West'.

Are you saying there is already a "hackerspace" or similar gearing up? Should we pair with them? Are we to be only oriented to Arduino, or something more general? Or general, with an Arduino flavor?

Hmm...

:)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

cr0sh

It's looking like Tuesday will work out; HeatSync runs things on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I guess we'll see how things progress...
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

artjumble

Code: [Select]
Approximately where is this at?
Near 59th Ave and the 101. Next Coffee

Are you saying there is already a "hackerspace" or similar gearing up? Should we pair with them? Are we to be only oriented to Arduino, or something more general? Or general, with an Arduino flavor?

It is pretty much just a group that meets and works at the same table during the day on Thursdays (last I heard). There really isn't a point as far as I know.

cr0sh

Well, I haven't heard anything back from Bookmans, so tonight after work I am going to stop by and ask about the process in-person (and maybe ask who is checking the email). I'll post here later what I find out.

:)

Go Up