Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Anyone in Phoenix Arizona?  (Read 3594 times)
Somewhere in Arizona
God Member
Arduino must be a drug, because I'm addicted!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I dont think I can make it... I will have to check with the rest of my family and see if anyone can take me...

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Alright so apparently i missed a bunch since my first post smiley

But this is awesome, i'll be there. 59'th and 101 huh...   i get off at 5:30 so i might run a little late as i work in tempe, but i'm avid on coffee and electronics smiley dont think i'll take any of my projects since ill be leaving directly from work.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

All:

I've been contacted back by Bookmans; they sent me a form to fill out, but since we have already got a place to meet and time, I'll likely fill it out next week after I can see how many people we attract to the meeting. Bookmans community room, as they call it, is likely larger than we need right now. Its free of charge, but only if our meeting event is free of charge (which, at the moment, it is - and likely will be for a while until we figure out how we want to do all this). There's no guarantee we'll get a spot, though.

Just wanted to keep everyone up-to-date on what's happening!

smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

So i checked next coffee, at 59th and 101, and sorry but i cant make that... I work in tempe at 10/60 junction, and i actually live out in maricopa... it'll be after 10pm on the drive home, mostly for a work night. weekend sure, but tuesday i cant do smiley-sad... shoot me an email on how it goes i'd really like to know.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

OK - everyone, I am leaving out of here (work) to first go home, drop some things off, then I will head over to the coffee shop. See everyone there!

smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Ok, I am at the coffee shop - in the corner with the couches - come join me!

smiley

Somewhere in Arizona
God Member
Arduino must be a drug, because I'm addicted!
View Profile

i wont be there... it looks like cr0sh and artjumble...  :-[

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Well - it was a fairly uneventful meeting; I'm kinda embarrassed to admit it, but the other person who attended, while I got his real name, I don't think I ever asked for his handle - I am going to assume it was artjumble until I know more...?

The coffee shop was nice, and not crowded, nor loud. We ended up leaving a little after 8pm - where we were sitting was beginning to be used by a performer setting up, and we both needed to get back home.

I think next time we'll leave the meeting at an hour, given how this one progressed. From our discussion, I am also going to try to find something more central Phoenix, rather than "west side", if I can at all swing it.

I'm also going to get in contact with HeatSync/Gangplank, and talk to them about things; see if they want to help set up a "central/west chapter" or something. Maybe they could help get the word out. So far things are looking like it should be more general in focus, though I would like to keep the Arduino in there - we'll see where that goes.

I am also going to look into seeing how I can "get the word out" better on other forums - since I am a subscriber to Make, Nuts and Volts, and Servo magazines, maybe there might be forums or something I could use to get the word out there...

Anybody have further suggestions? Phoenix is a big city, there have to be more than just a few people doing Arduino and/or electronics/robotics/interfacing -type projects, right?

Hmm - does anyone know which "big company" electronics firms are in the valley still? Motorola? Honeywell? Intel? Would it be worthwhile to contact them, see if they could help spread the word to their employees?

smiley

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I am going to assume it was artjumble until I know more...?
Yes, it was me.

Hmm - does anyone know which "big company" electronics firms are in the valley still? Motorola? Honeywell? Intel? Would it be worthwhile to contact them, see if they could help spread the word to their employees?

Honeywell is all around here. In fact there is an office across the street from the coffee shop.
How about Granger? There is one on 2002 W. Rose Garden Lane.
Another idea is some of the schools around. DeVry, Art Institute, UAT, ASU, etc. Although they may not "buy in" if no one is a professional in a related field (programming is one angle though).

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Well to be honest, i cancelled my Tuesday meetings to go, then found the location a bit far out of my way, if you guys left at 8pm, i wouldnt get home till well after 9

I'm all for participating, and seeing what i can find for people to go, just needs to be a bit closer smiley

Well i'm glad at least you two met, hoping i start getting into some of these circles somewhere... i'm feel horribly alone here with my electronics/programming noone to kick ideas to, at the time of the thought.

Mesa, Arizona
Arduino FTW
View Profile

Oop. I missed the action in this thread, but just to chime in:

I'm in Mesa (Stapley, midway between the 60 and 202 freeways).

By day, I'm an industrial controls engineer/programmer (PLCs, SCADA, etc.)

As a hobby, I have a digital recording studio and have been rekindling my electronics hobby after many years of dormancy.

I don't know that I'm qualified to be anyone's mentor (pretty busy much of the time), but I don't mind questions or being someone to bounce ideas off of.

I would definitely be interested in getting involved in a F2F social scene based around Arduino, electronics, art-hackery, etc.

I was exhilarated at the success of my FreqTalk synth project, and am in the middle of building a new and improved model, and hope to eventually use it in live performance...if I can find anyone to play out with.

Feel free to email me at andylama (at) cox (dot) net

Hope to meet some of you eventually.

Andy

I make it all up as I go along.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Welcome, andylama; I am not sure our group (however it goes) on the central/westside will be right for you, but you are welcome to attend the next meeting (whenever that will be?). We're still in the beginning phases of things; I've been busy with work (still here right now - yay me) and haven't had time to do much regarding the group, but its on my mind.

You may have better luck attending the HeatSync Labs meetings; they are closer to you. But like I said, you are more than welcome to attend ours, if you don't mind the drive!

smiley

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hey Andylama! i'm actually kind of near you, i work at I60 and Priest smiley

i am actually looking for someone i can hook up with and learn from. I'm very new, have a very good technical background but i'm struggling with this programming... The wiring i'm decent with understand a circuit loop, but have issues when it comes to having a controller control devices when the devices are on power outside of the controller....

I can power a 3v motor on arduino smiley woot it's a start, but i have a problem running a 9v motor from the arduino, because the power has to come from another source.....

Trying...., not being to successful....

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: