Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Music and Sound Workshop in Berkeley, CA  (Read 671 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

July 24th and 25th

During this hands-on workshop we will survey Arduino platforms, libraries, shields and programming techniques for a broad range of musical and sound applications. We will learn how to synthesize useful wave shapes including square, sine, triangle and pulses, how to manage polyphony and timing and how to playback and record sampled sounds.

We will write software to move gestural data from sensors to synthesis software and hardware via MIDI and Open Sound Control.

We will look at effective techniques for building musical gesture sensors including piezoelectric disk triggering, piezoresistive etextiles for pressure and touch sensing and build examples of capacitive proximity sensing for Theremin-like interfaces.

We will review my extensive collection of augmented instruments and new controllers with an eye to what techniques you can adapt to your own projects.

For more information and to sign up:

http://www.adrianfreed.com/content/arduino-music-and-sound-weekend-workshop-berkeley

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Half full already.

Please don't leave your signup to the last minute as I have both a
preference to keep the class small and a constraint on the room size which makes it impossible to accommodate late comers when it is full.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Just a couple spots left for this weekend's workshop.
It is going to be a lot of fun: I just received some new interesting music shields.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: