Go Down

Topic: Howduino at Dorkbot Newcastle (UK) - 24 & 25 July (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

TonyD

It's only a few days until the free Howduino at Dorkbot Newcastle (UK) on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th July.

Details can be found at Howduino and Centre for Life

I hope to see some of you there   :)

Eight

Just picked up my first Arduino this morning and will be trying to pop along to this event.

Smells like a good chance to leech information out of more experienced users.  ;)

mowcius

Oh if I'd known about this earlier I would have attended :(

CowJam

Oh if I'd known about this earlier I would have attended

I thought it'd been mentioned before, but I couldn't find it when I googled.

TonyD

Jul 21, 2010, 10:10 am Last Edit: Jul 21, 2010, 10:41 am by TonyD Reason: 1
Oh if I'd known about this earlier I would have attended

I thought it'd been mentioned before, but I couldn't find it when I googled.

I posted the announcement back in May  ;)

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1274699161

cowjam, email Ian at Centre of Life so he can keep track of numbers coming etc.

mowcius

I posted the announcement it back in May

Darn, did I miss it or did I just forget?  :(

I need a better calendar

Mowcius

Eight

Do I need a response (ticket number or anything) before turning up? I emailed to express an interest in coming, but am unsure if I should be expecting an email back.

TonyD

Do I need a response (ticket number or anything) before turning up? I emailed to express an interest in coming, but am unsure if I should be expecting an email back.

No ticket numbers or such. If you've emailed him with Howduino in the subject line you should get a reply but it took them a couple or three days to reply to my message.

CowJam

I think you meant eight.  Sadly I can't make it.

Eight

TonyD

The Howduino weekend was a great success.

A big thanks to Adrian and Thom from Howduino and Lee and Ian from the Centre of Life for organising and running the event.

We all had a lot of fun make the Arduino fly, drive, spin and display :-)

Eight

Just back online after a few days out; but wanted to say what a great time I had and how interesting it was to meet so many Arduino users.

Let's hope we can do it again.

Adrian McEwen

TonyD and Eight, glad you could make it along and that you enjoyed it.

And thanks TonyD for starting the thread about it in the first place.  For some reason I keep forgetting to stick something up on the forum whenever we're running a Howduino (apart from the first one, IIRC).  Will try to do better in future :-)

TonyD

You're welcome Adrian. We all had a great time, I'm looking forward to the next one  8-)

Go Up