Go Down

Topic: Read / Write protect without dissabling an ASCII output  (Read 240 times) previous topic - next topic

J-Walton

Hi guys, I'm a student in my final year of university, looking into develop couple of small batches of simple products.

Usually the nano is my go to board to develop a simple products although this is where I've hit a snag. The product itself is based on a nano with code for a standalone keyboard emulator (using the ASCII Library and arduino's physical USB connection). I have produced a couple of Arduino-based products before but the USB port itself was not accessible by the user - hidden within the case (or quite literally non-existant in the case of the Pro Micro) . Due to the small quantity required (less than 50) it isn't viable to produce custom PCB's so I'm planning to use the standard Nano hardware with an under shield. is there a way to remove the ability of the user to read or write the unit yet still use it's ASCII functionality that doesn't involve modifying the hardware.

Any recommendations or advice would be great!
Thanks

MorganS

I'm sure you can blow the fuses so that the bootloader can no longer make changes to the program in Flash memory. There are probably also fuses that will prevent the Flash being read out too.

You will need to connect to the ISP pins to do that. As a safety feature, you can't do that over the normal USB interface.
GoForSmoke: "What GShield? You never mentioned a shield."

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy