Go Down

Topic: Trimpot size question (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

floresta

Some designs of these miniature open pots also have flat tab connectors rather than round pins
Mine are like that.

It is my inderstanding that the use of "trimpot" to describe this component is confusing, since I have always understood trimpots to refer to the multi-turn miniature devices that is invariably built as a blue plastic package
The device in question should be called by a generic name such as "trimmer" since the trademarked name "Trimpot" belongs to Bourns.  Bourns has the same problem as the owners of "Jeep", "Kleenex",  "Frigidaire", etc. have.  Sorry - I don't have any UK specific examples.

Don

jackrae

Some designs of these miniature open pots also have flat tab connectors rather than round pins.  The circuit board holes for these are actually small slots.

It is my inderstanding that the use of "trimpot" to describe this component is confusing, since I have always understood trimpots to refer to the multi-turn miniature devices that is invariably built as a blue plastic package

jack

floresta

4mm pin spacing, and 3mm deep

I have a few of these type pots and the dimension that you specify as 4mm seems to be more like 4.5mm on mine.

Don

n00b

Im Working on covering a scanned image of a pcb to a vector file, but the only component that I can use to scale is a Trimpot.

Right now I'm getting the following measurements

4mm pin spacing, and 3mm deep. (An not knowing the range of trimpot pitches I dont know how right that is)

But due to the nature of this type of scaling up, knowing the published board size is often a few mm different to the actual board size!

So what pitch should I be scaling to?  :)

Go Up