Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Where to stick the Arduino? My two solutions  (Read 1036 times)
Denmark
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

No, this is not about sticking the Arduino where the people at certain other fora would like to stick it, but what I do to mine.

My worktable is a mess. The only free space is a palm sized area that I need to move the computer mouse. There are plenty of conductive object, and I really do not want to short circuit The Arduino.

I have two solutions that I use.

The first one is a "specimen box" that we use at work for whatever need to be put in a box. It is clear polystyrene, and relatively sturdy. The board just fits in it, and cutting a square hole for the USB and a round one for the plug has it sitting nice and cosy, and well protected from most things on the table.
There is still room in the box for other components.

Solution two is a piece of 5mm plexiglass with a breadboard, a 25A solid state relay and three sets of holes, allowing the Arduino to be mounted with nylon screws in three different directions.... It is still in the direction where I first mounted it. The flexibility seemed like a great idea,  I just never used it.

* image.jpg (121.58 KB, 800x597 - viewed 76 times.)

* image.jpg (119.96 KB, 800x597 - viewed 69 times.)

* image.jpg (144.03 KB, 800x597 - viewed 88 times.)

Bob Pease: "My favorite programming language is ... solder."

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Well - you obviously need to spread out to the dining room table then smiley-cool

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Denmark
View Profile

Well - you obviously need to spread out to the dining room table then smiley-cool

..... the photos are taken at the dining room table  smiley-mr-green

I'll have to clear it before SWMBO comes home.

Bob Pease: "My favorite programming language is ... solder."

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Well, in that case, the living room too.  We've really spread out since the kid went off to college! Oscilloscope shipping box makes a nice little table top.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

When i started on my flash trigger box, I had just brought a arduino intro kit and additional hardware when I went to my parents for a week's holiday.  While I was there, most mornings they had lost the kitchen table to laptop, wires, circuit boards, papers and books.  This won't be happening next visit though as that project has just been completed.  The past week my desk at home and the converted counter beside it has been covered in tools, papers, computers, wires, camera and flash gear... with barely room for the coffee cup.  luckily I was in the process of mounting my board in a converted "lunchbox" so had no conductivity issues.

A suggestion - I made a little sloping board for my graphics tablet.  You could make a hutch which straddles over your toolbox or osciliscopes etc like a shelf and put some of the stuff lurking on the bench onto that to give you working space.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: