Go Down

Topic: Wireless Sketch Uploading (wifi, xbee, nordic) (Read 57 times) previous topic - next topic

rappa

May 10, 2015, 08:59 pm Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:00 pm by rappa
I've been working on a project for the last few months to support wireless upload of sketches. I started this project because I had several projects that were in difficult to reach areas and I got tired of dealing with the hassle to plug in a FTDI every time I wanted to tweak the firmware. Currently it supports XBee, Wifi (ESP8266) and Nordic but other wireless or even wired (ethernet) could be supported. In a nutshell this is a two chip solution, that relies on a EEPROM to buffer the firmware prior to flashing. It uses the the Optiboot bootloader (standard on the UNO) and works with any Atmega 328/168 chip. I've provided a Java client (cross-platform) for uploading to the remote Arduino. I would say it's appropriate for more advanced users at this point, although I have made an attempt to provide the documentation to get you up and running. The project is on github

https://github.com/andrewrapp/arduino-remote-uploader

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy