Go Down

Topic: Morse Code Keyboard/Memory Keyer - Ham Radio project (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

wb8nbs

Richard Chapman KC4IFB published an article in QEX magazine in 2009 where he implemented an Iambic morse code keyer in an Arduino.  I've been working with that sketch for a couple of years now and have two small projects I would like to present to this forum.  

The first project is Chapman's sketch ported to an ATTiny85. I fit the hardware with battery into a small Altoids tin.

The sketch required a minor change to get the tone() function to work on the tiny85.

My second project is a full blown memory keyer built around Chapman's real time code.

This version has support for keyboards as well as the Iambic paddles and has four memories. It can also generate random morse groups for practice. The sketch is now fully asynchronous using a circular buffer so you can type ahead all you want.

I've written a weblog page on these two keyers where there is more information and a link to my sketch code.

I found real time programming is hard. I have a lot more respect for people who do that now. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who builds this project or anything similar.
He who dies with the most software wins.

wb8nbs

Mar 21, 2016, 01:44 am Last Edit: Mar 21, 2016, 01:51 am by wb8nbs Reason: Insert photo
New version for 2016 with battery and an LCD display write up on Wordpress Upgraded the processor to a Teensy3.2 which has a Real Time Clock and a DAC.

He who dies with the most software wins.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy