Go Down

Topic: Controlling torque of a DC motor (Read 527 times) previous topic - next topic

dnth

Hi all, im implementing torque control of a DC motor by varying the PWM pulse into my motor driver. So, am i right to say that the higher the pulse value the higher the torque?

Techone

So, am i right to say that the higher the pulse value the higher the torque?

Not really. Higher the duty cycle of a PWM, the motor will be ON most of the time, lower the duty cycle, the motor will seem less ON, but more OFF.

You need a way to monitor the RPM of the motor, use the signal as a feedback, to control the speed of the motor. 

PeterH

Hi all, im implementing torque control of a DC motor by varying the PWM pulse into my motor driver. So, am i right to say that the higher the pulse value the higher the torque?

In general, yes, although determining the relationship may be non-trivial. Is this a rotating motor, or a stationary motor as you referred to on another thread? Predicting the torque of a stalled motor is a very different problem to a spinning motor.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Torque and speed are 2 different animals. A feedback loop will allow constant RPM. Even with a constant torque motor the RPM will vary depending on load.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy