Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Please remove my name from your board!  (Read 1593 times)
Toronto, Canada
Edison Member
"Keep it R.E.I.L. - "Research, Experiment, Investigate and Learn"
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

@Osgeld

I at one time was a person who didnt know squat about programming these things, with little ones screaming in my ear every 2 seconds ... but ya know what? a couple months later I started to grasp, and now a few years later I am pretty durn decent with the thing. (hell showing off my arduino projects just landed me a decent paying job as a lab technician at an electronics firm after a long stint of unemployment)

Good for you. You get yourself notice.  In my case, I am also an unemployed electronics technician - very rusty mind you ( Bench Tech - 1998 - Cool job, - last job 1999  - Assembler -  smiley-razz ) , work as a school bus driver - most 20 pass, sometime 72 pass - hopefully, doing this job for the past 8 years. Not well pay, but it pay the bills, the foods and the electronics stuffs for my projects. On the plus side, no boss and no employee to worry about unless you do something wrong...  smiley-roll

@AWOL

My comment about the video : LOL  smiley-lol

@Chucks

I know, sometime, it is not easy to learn something new. It the steep learning curve everyone have to go throught. You need to find a passion for it, doing small experiments / exercises  , a small step at a time until you have a proper understanding. Sometime a hobby is a way to escape / unwind from the daily routine and also a way to spend time with the kids - if they are interested with technology and to see how things work.

North Queensland, Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

Just like what facebook  did,

The department of transport owns your drivers licence.
The bank own your debit card,
Arduino is the owner of any data you send to its servers.

You have no right to demand anything is deleted, you are only 'leasing' that account, it is not yours. ( you do however have permission to delete your own posts. )
The only thing you can demand removal of is the personal information located inside your profile, which you remove yourself. Everything else has been willingly sent on your part to a public place. And the forum admins have no obligation to delete this data.

Give your pursuit of this matter a rest and come back and join the fun, otherwise these sorts of threads are just going to make people laugh a little more each time they arise.

Like others said we're all bewildered as to what your arduino related difficulties are, people are willing to help you, it is only you that has convinced yourself otherwise.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

@justjed
Thanks for the explanation of how to ban a member, but did you read the title of the thread?
How are we going to remove this members name if we don't remove (or edit) posts?

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I've gone ahead and banned him, he can only post to threads he created himself now.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Faraday Member
I learn a bit every time I visit the forum.
View Profile

Amazing. Maybe he just wants whatever info he gave when he joined removed from the database. The forum needs a removal tool then you can shovel it out with the spambots.

Examples can be found in your IDE.

CO, USA
God Member
View Profile

@justjed
Thanks for the explanation of how to ban a member, but did you read the title of the thread?
How are we going to remove this members name if we don't remove (or edit) posts?

Yes, and a few of his others as well. I wouldn't be worried about removing his name. I have never encountered a web BBS where that was ever done. He had plenty of opportunity to 'sanitize' his own profile if he so desired. Others have pointed out that he could have removed his own posts at will. Instead, he chose to be disruptive. Nuff said. smiley-twist

... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

field road, jupiter creek
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Seriously?

man, you got troubles!

this might sound crass, but...

get a partner, life is better with regular sex

with someone in the SAME ROOM!

net sex doesn't count.

ok, my squaw troubles are inconvenient, especially in a 1 pub town and they all drink together,

but I can still ply them with booze and take 1 home,

sometimes 2

and they help when I "get my geek on"

CO, USA
God Member
View Profile

with someone in the SAME ROOM!

<voice='Eric Idle'>Wot's it like?</voice>

Snap snap grin grin wink wink ... Nudge Nudge

... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

ਪੰਜਾਬ
Edison Member
Another year! Alone! :(
View Profile

do you want to know how? willpower effort and babysteps. Nothing worth knowing is dead simple.

I am also an unemployed electronics technician - very rusty mind you ( Bench Tech - 1998 - Cool job, - last job 1999  - Assembler -   ) , work as a school bus driver - most 20 pass, sometime 72 pass - hopefully, doing this job for the past 8 years. Not well pay, but it pay the bills, the foods and the electronics stuffs for my projects. On the plus side, no boss and no employee to worry about unless you do something wrong... 

"Osegeld & TechONe" SALUTE  smiley

"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੂਂ !

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: