Go Down

Topic: STLED316S problem reading key data (Read 966 times) previous topic - next topic

robotman777

I am using an STLED316S to drive a bunch of leds and read some keys.

The led part works perfectly. I have no trouble configuring the driver and addressing all the led digits/segments, setting birghtness etc.

The issue I am having is with the key scan section. For the purpose of debugging I tied the KEY1 and KEY2 lines high. This should mean (afaik) that the data register for the keyboard should read as if all buttons are being pressed. I should then be able to shift in two bytes of data from the STLED316s that would each equal 0xFF.

Instead I am reading for both registers:  B10000001 

This makes no sense to me.

I am using the Arduino internal pullup when I use the data pin for reading but I have also tried an external input.

Right now I am having trouble isolating whether it is a coding or hardware issue.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience dealing with this IC?

pixa

Hi inteliljel,

I have just got a problem with Display Part. I only get manage the Digit-Led 0, not Digit1-6, Could you help me?
Which were the commnads for example to turn on Digit2 Segments 5-6??
Many thanks
Best

Force

Hi,
did you only connect the pins to Vdd or also with the resistor to GND? I think without the GND connection there is no current flow to detect for the ST chip so this wont work.
You could do like this with a keydetection that detects the voltage level on the key pins like this chip www.austriamicrosystems.com/AS1115 but on the ST chip I guess you need the resistor to GND to get it working. (Unfortunately the ST datasheet doesnt explain in detail how it works, so it is just a guess)
Additionally be careful for too high capacities on the key lines, this needs time to discharge before detection works.

For the DIgits not working: See page 22 section 8.3.1 of the ST datasheet

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy